The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester medicine

Apparently Leicester is in clearing for medicine and I DEFINITELY don’t think I have achieved AAA. Does anyone know if medical schools that go into clearing normally let people in with AAB?
Original post by medwannabee
Apparently Leicester is in clearing for medicine and I DEFINITELY don’t think I have achieved AAA. Does anyone know if medical schools that go into clearing normally let people in with AAB?

May I ask- how you know that Leicester is in clearing for medicine this year?

I finished my first year at Leicester med school a few months ago, and there are people in my year who didn't get the required AAA- some got A*AB with the B in chemistry, for example. I am not too sure if anyone on my course got AAB, unless they were a graduate. I do not believe Leicester advertised its medicine course as in clearing on UCAS last year, but what Leicester definitely did do was call around on results day to offer a place to some students that got the grades AND applied to Leicester but got a post-interview rejection. Of course, I am not an admissions tutor or a representative of the medical school so I do not know how exactly they chose which students they decided to give offers to on results day, nor if they plan to do the same again this year.
Nevertheless, I hope this helps.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Medicine is listed as one of the courses in clearing on the Leicester website and there is an interview scheduled on August 3rd for applicants with achieved AAA grades. This makes me wonder if we have any chance at all should we miss our grades narrowly ?
7F5FBB63-5E36-45D5-85BE-9518C4D5E73E.jpg.jpeg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending