TheWinterSoilder
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So there's a house on my street which is heavy for drug dealing. lots of cars and people turn up hourly and this is coupled with littering and shouting. I contacted crimestoppers but they did nothing. I want to contact the 101 number. However whilst I am totally fine with the Police knowing my details. Im scared that the dealers will find out I reported it as I will become a witness. If the police know my identity, do they have to tell the criminals and what should I do?
katf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'd discuss it with the 101 operator. They won't disclose your identity if it would put you in danger. Even if there was a trial, you can ask to give testimony from behind a screen or via video link. It probably wouldn't come to that though.
TheWinterSoilder
Rep:
?
(Original post by katf)
I'd discuss it with the 101 operator. They won't disclose your identity if it would put you in danger. Even if there was a trial, you can ask to give testimony from behind a screen or via video link. It probably wouldn't come to that though.
Thanks. Could the house be seized if there is lots of evidence found of drug use and selling ?
katf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Possibly. I'm not a lawyer or police officer though. Again, discuss this with the police.
ryanpro
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Soooo, if the house is used for low-level criminal activity it's probably going to be a rented property. So, yeah, more than likely if the intelligence is reliable and the occupants are arrested/charged with an offence, the landlord will seek to evict the tenants.

Contact 101 or pop into your local station for a discussion. If the housing is Local Authority and you want to disrupt the activity, you could have a word with them or pass the details to the officer you speak with.

The police don't pass your details to the defence. In a case like this, your involvement will likely go no further than the initial report and you can do that anonymously.
TheWinterSoilder
Rep:
?
(Original post by ryanpro)
Soooo, if the house is used for low-level criminal activity it's probably going to be a rented property. So, yeah, more than likely if the intelligence is reliable and the occupants are arrested/charged with an offence, the landlord will seek to evict the tenants.

Contact 101 or pop into your local station for a discussion. If the housing is Local Authority and you want to disrupt the activity, you could have a word with them or pass the details to the officer you speak with.

The police don't pass your details to the defence. In a case like this, your involvement will likely go no further than the initial report and you can do that anonymously.
Great! Thank you so much. So I can give info on the 101 line anonymously. Also this man has lived at the house since before we moved in (we came in 2005)
ryanpro
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheWinterSoilder)
Great! Thank you so much. So I can give info on the 101 line anonymously. Also this man has lived at the house since before we moved in (we came in 2005)
No worries! Yep, call 101 and tell the operator you have info about a possible drug dealer and ask to remain anonymous because of your fear or reprisal.

You might have better luck contacting your local Neighbourhood Policing Team directly, find their details here @ www.police.uk.

I hope it gets sorted quickly, I understand the impact this kind of crime can have on locals!
TheWinterSoilder
Rep:
?
(Original post by ryanpro)
No worries! Yep, call 101 and tell the operator you have info about a possible drug dealer and ask to remain anonymous because of your fear or reprisal.

You might have better luck contacting your local Neighbourhood Policing Team directly, find their details here @ www.police.uk.

I hope it gets sorted quickly, I understand the impact this kind of crime can have on locals!
Yh it's super annoying as their are cars pulling up in front of everyones houses on the street. I just hope the police are able to do something about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.74%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.06%
I need help with my personal statement (75)
42.13%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.03%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.87%

Watched Threads