What else would you like me to add?

revision tips, techniques 14%
revision videos 0%
how to cope with exam stress 0%
how to stay motivated 14%
my old notes and essays etc 71%
flashcards, stationery essentials0%
Total votes: 7
Hey, so I finished my A level exams in June, but if anyone needs help with A level Law, whether it be notes, revision methods, names of acts, cases, sample or model answers, feel free to ask here! :smile:

I studied both AS + A2 Law

AS Law was made up of Unit 1 (Law making and the Legal System) and Unit 2 (Concept of Liabililty)

A2 Law was Unit 3 Criminal Law (Offences Against the Person) and Unit 4 Criminal Law (Offences Against Property)

> The 2018 spec is here

> Textbook I used (A2 Law)

Here's some revision websites and Youtube videos I used:

I have wayyy more notes and model answers which I'd be willing to upload to a Google Drive folder or post them here, just ask me or PM me if you want them! 💙

Q&A

How did you revise?
I mainly used past papers and model answers. For remembering cases I used flashcards. For acts I kind of just remembered them I don't know how to explain it, it's a lot easier remembering acts :colondollar:

Best advice to a student considering A level law/studying A level law?

Make notes from the start. I cannot stress this enough. When you're writing (messy) notes at college, re-write them at home and revise them over and over again.

Colour code them and organise all your notes into different coloured ringbinders/arch-lever file folders. I found that color coding my notes helped me remember them as well, plus they look aesthetic

Make lots of flashcards and test yourself daily, weekly etc.

Answer past papers twice a week and ask your teacher to mark them or you can mark them yourself but teachers are better as their feedback is like the examiner's in the real exam. Past papers helped me so much, plus teachers predict what's going to appear in the real exam by looking at patterns in the previous papers.

Try to study with a friend who's also studying A level law or even if they study a different subject, ask them to ask you cases, acts etc or ask your family

If you have any questions please ask me here. Good luck if you're studying A level Law :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I’m interested in taking Law AS and A2 with edexcel but I cannot find a textbook online. Is there going to be any difference if I study from the OCR or AQA text book?
@kiki213

Let me first say thanks to you for taking the time off to write such a good post. There are a few here who set a daily target of posts to achieve but collectively, their input is nowhere near yours. I really hope you stay on this forum and continue sharing with us about your academic tips, notes and journey.

thank you.
Halo can I have model answer of the essays ?
Reply 4
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2857419
Original post by YoungHov
I’m interested in taking Law AS and A2 with edexcel but I cannot find a textbook online. Is there going to be any difference if I study from the OCR or AQA text book?

Hi, first of all I like your username :smile: and second, I've found a thread about Edexcel AS and A2 Law, maybe check here?

I'm not sure how the Edexcel A Level Law spec works, is this the spec or is it this
If the spec and exam layout is quite similar to AQA or OCR then I suggest studying from the AQA or OCR textbooks. It's strange how there's no Edexcel textbooks for A Level Law, I'd assume the reason is because not a lot of people teach/study it. I think the best answers will be from your teacher or if you can ask any teacher teaching A level Law in your school/college, as they'll be better equipped with this than me as I was taught AQA A Level Law for 2 years.
For revision notes, use the websites I listed above and this (especially A Level Doomby, it's amazing!) as they'll be pretty much the same for your course, I think. Here's some revision resources from getrevising (the student room owns this website, it's really good!)

If you need anymore help, feel free to PM me or ask in this thread. Hope you have a nice day! :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Audrey18
@kiki213

Let me first say thanks to you for taking the time off to write such a good post. There are a few here who set a daily target of posts to achieve but collectively, their input is nowhere near yours. I really hope you stay on this forum and continue sharing with us about your academic tips, notes and journey.

thank you.

Aw thank you! It’s fine, i will continue to post more academic tips and notes!! 💗
B21BDBB3-7BF4-465F-8450-AA58455C11FA.jpeg
Reply 6
Original post by Wenpin0920
Halo can I have model answer of the essays ?

Hi, sure! Any particular requests? Do you need AS or A2 essays and which topic, criminal law, tort law etc? I’ll make a google drive and upload them there and post the link here soon ☺️ Add this thread to your watch list and it’ll notify you when I’ve added to it!
Reply 7
bumpp if anyone needs help with a level law notes :smile:
Reply 8
@alevelshelpit here's the Textbook I used (A2 Law)
I didn't use a textbook for AS Law, just notes, slideshows, past papers etc.
I will upload them all by next weekend the latest, I'm very busy at the moment but will notify you when it's all uploaded! For now, read this thread and click the links I provided, I added some revision websites, youtube channels and tips for how to revise and get A*/A in A level Law!! x
Original post by kiki213
@alevelshelpit here's the Textbook I used (A2 Law)
I didn't use a textbook for AS Law, just notes, slideshows, past papers etc.
I will upload them all by next weekend the latest, I'm very busy at the moment but will notify you when it's all uploaded! For now, read this thread and click the links I provided, I added some revision websites, youtube channels and tips for how to revise and get A*/A in A level Law!! x

thank you so much! xx

enjoy some time off now and celebrate your excellent results x
Reply 11

Yeah, never used them though. a2 quite expensive though, i used these which got me an A in all A2/AS exams. Near perfec A* wasnt far off.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Revision-Notes-Criminal-Concepts/dp/1471807126/ref=pd_sim_14_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1471807126&pd_rd_r=a0ca0bd1-a52c-11e8-9759-a97e05fcee07&pd_rd_w=lOQBh&pd_rd_wg=ZMhm4&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=84a780ce-12ed-4544-a9d7-b922bd82349c&pf_rd_r=XWJPMXTTQZW6BMDHPPYE&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=XWJPMXTTQZW6BMDHPPYE
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fifth-Martin-Jacqueline-Lancer-Paperback/dp/B00NYJ2XUY/ref=pd_sbs_14_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00NYJ2XUY&pd_rd_r=a0ca0bd1-a52c-11e8-9759-a97e05fcee07&pd_rd_w=6rDWd&pd_rd_wg=ZMhm4&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=85d62760-2a0e-407d-aa36-f3c03afc01c3&pf_rd_r=XWJPMXTTQZW6BMDHPPYE&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=XWJPMXTTQZW6BMDHPPYE
https://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-Law-Student-Unit-Guide/dp/1444171763/ref=pd_sim_14_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1444171763&pd_rd_r=a0ca0bd1-a52c-11e8-9759-a97e05fcee07&pd_rd_w=lOQBh&pd_rd_wg=ZMhm4&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=84a780ce-12ed-4544-a9d7-b922bd82349c&pf_rd_r=XWJPMXTTQZW6BMDHPPYE&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=XWJPMXTTQZW6BMDHPPYE
(edited 4 years ago)
Thank you!
Original post by kiki213
Hey, so I finished my A level exams in June, but if anyone needs help with A level Law, whether it be notes, revision methods, names of acts, cases, sample or model answers, feel free to ask here! :smile:

AS Law was made up of Unit 1 (Law making and the Legal System) and Unit 2 (Concept of Liabililty)
A2 Law was Unit 3 Criminal Law (Offences Against the Person) and Unit 4 Criminal Law (Offences Against Property)

The spec is here

Textbook I used (A2 Law)

Law Bank
Sixthform Law
A Level Law Doomby
GetRevising
elawresources
elawstudent
Revision World

The Student Room's A level Law notes

I have wayyy more notes and model answers which I'd be willing to upload to a Google Drive folder or post them here, just ask me or PM me if you want them!

How did you revise?
I mainly used past papers and model answers. For remembering cases I used flashcards. For acts I kind of just remembered them I don't know how to explain it, it's a lot easier remembering acts :colondollar:

Make notes from the start. Colour code them and organise all your notes into different coloured ringbinders/arch-lever file folders. Make lots of flashcards and test yourself daily, weekly etc. Answer past papers twice a week and ask your teacher to mark them or you can mark them yourself but teachers are better as their feedback is like the examiner's in the real exam. Try to study with a friend who's also studying A level law or even if they're not ask them to ask you cases, acts, etc, or ask your family

If you have any questions please ask me here. Good luck if you're studying A level Law :smile:

Updated Friday 17th August 2018

I received my A level results yesterday and I got ...

Spoiler

I'm so happy and proud of myself! All the hard work paid off and all that stress and worrying was all for nothing!
Work hard, believe in yourself and never give up!
Congratulations to all that are going to uni this year! I wish you the best with your future! :smile:

Was it super hard to get an( A) in law or (B), what I mean is do you have to be naturally clever plus hard work to get A or B or can you still get them grades just be working your ass off the whole 2 years but your of average intelligence naturally.Am asking because I always have to work my ass of to Achieve top grades coz am average without working hard.
Can you tell me how to answer each question in terms of points/paras in unit 1/2/3/4??
hello??
hi i am just going to go into yr12 and study a level law. Which other a levels did you take alongside it it? Also thank you very much for the revision tips !
Reply 18
Original post by kiki213

The spec is here

Textbook I used (A2 Law)

Law Bank
Sixthform Law
A Level Law Doomby
GetRevising
elawresources
elawstudent
Revision World

The Student Room's A level Law notes

I have wayyy more notes and model answers which I'd be willing to upload to a Google Drive folder or post them here, just ask me or PM me if you want them!

How did you revise?

Make notes from the start. Colour code them and organise all your notes into different coloured ringbinders/arch-lever file folders. Make lots of flashcards and test yourself daily, weekly etc. Answer past papers twice a week and ask your teacher to mark them or you can mark them yourself but teachers are better as their feedback is like the examiner's in the real exam. Try to study with a friend who's also studying A level law or even if they're not ask them to ask you cases, acts, etc, or ask your family

Updated Friday 17th August 2018

I received my A level results yesterday and I got ...

Spoiler

I'm so happy and proud of myself! All the hard work paid off and all that stress and worrying was all for nothing!
Work hard, believe in yourself and never give up!
Congratulations to all that are going to uni this year! I wish you the best with your future! :smile:

Congratulations on your A level results - are you looking to study Law at University? Thank you for the tips and advice. I am studying AQA A level Law - our teacher has been off on maternity leave and we have supply teachers covering our lessons - I don’t feel I’m on track to do well and I really wanted to do Law at Uni - I’m having second thoughts now - would you please share your model esssys for each of the 4 units? I would be very grateful - thanks.
Reply 19
Anyone making a study group?

Quick Reply

Latest