The Student Room Group

How To Get Higher Grades

So I just had my year 10 mocks back and I am absolutely devastated by the results that I got. I got a level 4 in 2 subjects, (business and religious studies) level 5's in 4 subjects (english language, maths, science core, and history) and got a 6 in everything else, (computing, english literature and photography)

Obviously, I am disappointed because I'm supposed to get 7's in everything. Does anyone have any tips on how I can improve my grades? I put so much time into learning the quotes and information we'd been taught but honestly, I think it all was for nothing because of the grades I got.

It's had a serious knock to my confidence for my english grades because in every class test, I get a level 8 and honestly getting a 5 and 6 really upset me. Cheers :smile: x
Reply 1
Just keep putting in the time. Look at the test answers and see what it is they are looking for look at examples online of good answers and see what you can do to try and achieve a ‘good answer’ the subjects you got a lower score on spend more time learning about those subjects.
Reply 2
look at the topics you got wrong in the subjects and focus on those. find any gaps in your learning and see where you went wrong
Original post by Davina3
Just keep putting in the time. Look at the test answers and see what it is they are looking for look at examples online of good answers and see what you can do to try and achieve a ‘good answer’ the subjects you got a lower score on spend more time learning about those subjects.
: I've been doing loads of past questions for the science subjects, mainly the 4 markers in paper 1 because I feel if I manage to nail most of my 4 markers, I'll improve so much.
Original post by 4rjun
look at the topics you got wrong in the subjects and focus on those. find any gaps in your learning and see where you went wrong

Been doing that in History, and just need to ask my other teachers for my papers, so I can look back on them. For my history exam on Conflict and Tension, I got 8/16 for Q4, so did a repeat of that question in the timed conditions. Really helped, managed to bump it up to 11/16

Quick Reply

Latest