York St John Primary Education Interview 2018

Watch this thread
daisyrainbow6
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
mehenderson1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by daisyrainbow6)
I've received an interview from York St John for Primary Education (5-11) for the 10th of August through clearing. I can't really find anything online about the interview expect things from a few years ago so not sure how relevant they still are...Can anybody who's been to the interview give me an idea of what it's like and what they're expecting from the resource/presentation part?? It also says there's a video we watch and then answer questions about..what's that like?? Anybody else going to the clearing interview? Thanks, Daisy
Hi I'm debating whether to apply for clearing for primary ed at YSJ and do the interview but I already got a conditional place so I'm not sure. The interview shows a clip of kids in the school and you watch it and then after you have a group discussion about the safety hazards, communication between teacher and student, stuff like that and then the presentation part you have a resource that can assist learning and you just explain how it can benefit and different tasks you can create with it for specific children's needs. The people at the interview are super lovely so don't worry about it! Hope this helps x
mehenderson1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I'm slightly confused! Have you got a conditional place from YSJ without an interview or did you do the interview...? That was helpful though, I'm glad the people are nice - that really reassures me! Thanks
I already got a conditional through UCAS application early on in the year, so I can't apply for clearing until results day! But anyway the interviews at YSJ are chilled and not worth getting worried about, just be prepared with your ideas and beliefs about primary education and you'll be fine!
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Moved to undergraduate education
mehenderson1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Oh right! Thanks so much, you've made me feel a lot more relaxed - I had an interview at Brighton which was super chilled and got an offer but didn't accept it and I also had an interview at Durham which was harder but they were nice (I didn't get an offer though). So I really really want to pass the YSJ interview because it's actually where I really want to go now! Do they ask you about current educational issues??
Oh right! YSJ is where I really want to go too! It was quite a while ago when I did my interview but I think there was some things on educational issues like problems with funding and TA's and special needs, things like that. Focus on something you're passionate about in education and you'll sail through it!
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hello folks :hi:

I've moved your thread so it appears in both the Undergraduate Education and York St John University forums.

Happy posting.:awesome:

MR
daisyrainbow6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Hello folks :hi:

I've moved your thread so it appears in both the Undergraduate Education and York St John University forums.

Happy posting.:awesome:

MR
Thank You!!
lnelsonxx
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I've received an interview from York St John for Primary Education (5-11) for the 10th of August through clearing. I can't really find anything online about the interview expect things from a few years ago so not sure how relevant they still are...Can anybody who's been to the interview give me an idea of what it's like and what they're expecting from the resource/presentation part?? It also says there's a video we watch and then answer questions about..what's that like?? Anybody else going to the clearing interview? Thanks, Daisy
I had an interview at YSJ
Compared to my other interviews (Leeds and Manchester), YSJ was very intense. The resource/presentation is in groups of 6 and you have to bring an object with you that supports teaching and learning. You then watch a presentation about YSJ and the course in general for about 20 mins or so. The final part of the day is watching a video clip of a teacher in a classroom and a formal interview where you are asked about yourself and the video clip you watched.
As I say, YSJ was much more stressful/intense in comparison to other interviews
lnelsonxx
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Not the most reassuring of comments but thanks for your reply, I guess you’re doing being honest - I’m actually feeling quite relaxed about it because I’m prepared and what will be will be! Glad I know FlorenceFrost thinks it was easier than Durham - Durham was quite tough!
You asked what it was like, so yes, not the most reassuring but honest
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.05%
The paper was reasonable (270)
41.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.17%
It was TERRIBLE (49)
7.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed