Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi basically I had an interview at Sainsbury's last week and yesterday the store phoned me and said I had been successful and would like to offer me a job. They said I should receive an email to take me through the next steps but I didn't get one so I phoned them back today and they said to phone HR but HR is closed until Monday and my induction is meant to be on Monday but I can't do my induction until I've completed my onboarding tasks and signed the contract the store said so my induction may have to be pushed back until all this is sorted.

Has this happened to anyone else before and if so how did it get sorted because this is really frustrating. I at least want to be able to sign my contract because I'm worried they might think I'm not replying so they could withdraw the offer.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    When does your induction begin on Monday?

I would attend the induction or call the store early Monday to ask what to do next. It may be that they will let you carry on with the induction (with the contract just being a formality) or they will rearrange the induction whilst they wait for your contract to be completed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    When does your induction begin on Monday?

I would attend the induction or call the store early Monday to ask what to do next. It may be that they will let you carry on with the induction (with the contract just being a formality) or they will rearrange the induction whilst they wait for your contract to be completed.
    I phoned the store and they said they'll have to push back my induction until the contract and onboarding is sorted. They've just started using a new system so I think they are having some technical problems at HR. But I've just spoken to them again and they said they'll just have to change my induction to a different day so I think it'll be fine. Of course HR had to be closed just when I needed them just my luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown-99)
    I phoned the store and they said they'll have to push back my induction until the contract and onboarding is sorted. They've just started using a new system so I think they are having some technical problems at HR. But I've just spoken to them again and they said they'll just have to change my induction to a different day so I think it'll be fine. Of course HR had to be closed just when I needed them just my luck.
    I think you should have no problem now they have told you the induction has been rearranged. Best of luck with the new job!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    I think you should have no problem now they have told you the induction has been rearranged. Best of luck with the new job!
    Thank you

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.