How long until they confirm my offer? Watch

Buscuits
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I sent my HNC results to the uni at the beginning of the month and had them confirm that they got them on the 11th. I still haven’t heard back, but all of my friends at other unis have had their places confirmed already and my insurance has confirmed me too. I’m getting worried about it! I met my offer conditions so I think I should still get in, but it feels like it’s taking forever.

How long do they usually take after they get your results?
The Scotfather
Badges: 18
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Buscuits)
I sent my HNC results to the uni at the beginning of the month and had them confirm that they got them on the 11th. I still haven’t heard back, but all of my friends at other unis have had their places confirmed already and my insurance has confirmed me too. I’m getting worried about it! I met my offer conditions so I think I should still get in, but it feels like it’s taking forever.

What subject/department? Admissions are very busy just now and are trying their best to get everything confirmed. Admissions will potentially send your results to the selector who will have a check over to make sure you've made your conditions. Phone them up and state your ucas number and they will be able to let you know if they have saw it. Let me know if you come into any problems. I suggest you make sure any mistakes haven’t happened just so if you have applied for accommodation for example, you don't miss your choice.
Buscuits
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Scotfather)
What subject/department? Admissions are very busy just now and are trying their best to get everything confirmed. Admissions will potentially send your results to the selector who will have a check over to make sure you've made your conditions. Phone them up and state your ucas number and they will be able to let you know if they have saw it. Let me know if you come into any problems. I suggest you make sure any mistakes haven’t happened just so if you have applied for accommodation for example, you don't miss your choice.
It's the Science department. I emailed them yesterday for an update but I might just phone tomorrow to get through to them quicker. Fortunately I'm not going for accomodation, so it's really just to ease my mind. Thanks for the help!
The Scotfather
Badges: 18
Report 1 year ago
It's the Science department. I emailed them yesterday for an update but I might just phone tomorrow to get through to them quicker. Fortunately I'm not going for accomodation, so it's really just to ease my mind. Thanks for the help!
Ah, I believe some selectors are currently dealing with marking exam papers. There should be an exam board meeting at the end of the month about the results but afterwards they should be free. It can be hard for admissions to confirm results when it comes to HNC's because its not done automatically though SQA as to why the selector (who is the person who made the offer for you) may have to confirm it.
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Hi Buscuits - sorry it is taking a while to get a response to you on this. As stated below our Admissions team are indeed extremely busy at the minute. If you have met the conditions of your offer there shouldn't be a problem, and I agree that picking up the phone to them might be the best idea, as they will be receiving hundreds of emails to their inbox and it may take a while to get through them all!

Do you have their contact number? If not - do feel free to DM me and I can pass on the contact number. I would suggest trying to give them a call today, and if you cannot get through feel free to pop me a private message and I can try and look into this further for you.

Best wishes,

Sarah - Strathclyde Official Rep
University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi @Buscuits has your offer been confirmed at Strathclyde?

If you have any other questions then feel free to ask me or PM me.

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep
Buscuits
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador)
Hi @Buscuits has your offer been confirmed at Strathclyde?

If you have any other questions then feel free to ask me or PM me.

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep
Sorry, I totally forgot to update! Yeah it was confirmed last week. Thank you to everyone who replied here!
University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry, I totally forgot to update! Yeah it was confirmed last week. Thank you to everyone who replied here!
That's great Buscuits- we look forward to welcoming you to Strathclyde in September

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Strathclyde
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Tue, 5 Nov '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads