Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My English and maths GCSEs are currently a U grade and science is an E, I failed due to loads of problems like bullying and bad mental health, hardly being in school and hardly any revision. I'm doing level 1 maths and level 2 English functional skills now but I want to do Criminology and Psychology or Sociology at University now, I'm 18 btw. I might be doing a pre access course to get English and maths GCSEs but I'm worried I won't pass the maths assessment to get in and it's causing me anxiety, I really want to do this, I don't think the course will stop running but if it does what if I don't get another chance next year? I'm ****. Someone give me advice please.

ReputationRep:
    Most A-level package course like an access course will bundle in functional skills maths (means you don’t need GCSE) and then you can do English on the side. Someone on my course did the health science access course and got accepted into Sheffield to do psychology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milax1x)
    Most A-level package course like an access course will bundle in functional skills maths (means you don’t need GCSE) and then you can do English on the side. Someone on my course did the health science access course and got accepted into Sheffield to do psychology.
    In my area you need the GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soppphhhie)
    My English and maths GCSEs are currently a U grade and science is an E, I failed due to loads of problems like bullying and bad mental health, hardly being in school and hardly any revision. I'm doing level 1 maths and level 2 English functional skills now but I want to do Criminology and Psychology or Sociology at University now, I'm 18 btw. I might be doing a pre access course to get English and maths GCSEs but I'm worried I won't pass the maths assessment to get in and it's causing me anxiety, I really want to do this, I don't think the course will stop running but if it does what if I don't get another chance next year? I'm ****. Someone give me advice please.
    ???

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.