Carrab99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I had my AST for the RAF a couple of days ago which was followed by a presentation on what we will be asked in the selection interview. Once the presentation was finished I went into my interview and they asked questions about school and previous employment. After that section of questions were asked I was told that my next step would be my medical. At this point I was confused because they did not ask any questions to do with my knowledge of the raf so I was writing this to ask if I will be asked to come in for another interview or if the presentation was to see if I was paying attention and taking notes?
Amos Ralte
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am about to test my AST on 19 March . Any Suggestion for interview???
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Amos Ralte)
Look smart and be well-prepared?

Seriously, you need to be more specific if you want help. However, there is plenty of advice and information on this site and elsewhere if you search.
jordan_s
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Dress well, look smart, make your hair look nice! They want you to look professional and conservative. They'll test you on 8 different sections to see what jobs are available to you, then a presentation about life in the RAF, what training courses you have to go on before you can get your Blues, etc. Then interview where they'll ask you about the information you remembered from the Presentation so swot up on your notes during your lunch break! Me and some of the other candidates went to Five Guys and revised over a burger (lol). Good luck!
Amos Ralte
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do i need to know about the details of RAF ? About History an all
username1119229
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do i need to know about the details of RAF ? About History an all
If you were interviewing someone wanting to join your organisation, you’d like to know they’ve made the effort to look into your organisation.

Whilst at my interview - my recruiter didn’t ask me anything specifically, however I have heard from various contacts each AFCO differs. Learn everything you can about your role, pay, where you could be based, why you want to join up, length of service, fitness standards. My interview was short but lots crammed in.
Amos Ralte
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

Know the role you're applying for, how it fits into the RAF and what you could be doing within that role (most roles have multiple strands to them and you could be doing different things during your career in one 'role' so read up. Everything you need to know is on the role page on the RAF Recruitment website (basically, read, thoroughly).

Make sure you know what the role of the RAF is and what we do - this is pretty easy to find out - have a read of the main RAF website as that lists the function of the service etc.

As stated, be smart, be on time, make sure you've filled out and brought all of the forms you need to and most importantly, be honest and be yourself. You'll also get chance to ask questions yourself too, so if you have any ask them then.

Oh, and don't worry!

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
MichaelScarn123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have my interview in the coming weeks for Aeropsace Battle Management and the revision is going well apart from preparing what I am going to say about the training. I know it is probably the most important area of the interview and I want to make sure I have everything covered. If anyone could just let me know how much detail you have to go into and if anyone knows of any links available for specific layouts of the basic and/or specific training I'd really appreciate it.
WedgeAnt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MichaelScarn123)
I have my interview in the coming weeks for Aeropsace Battle Management and the revision is going well apart from preparing what I am going to say about the training. I know it is probably the most important area of the interview and I want to make sure I have everything covered. If anyone could just let me know how much detail you have to go into and if anyone knows of any links available for specific layouts of the basic and/or specific training I'd really appreciate it.
Which role are you actually applying for because the ABM role doesn't exist (by name) anymore, to the best of my knowledge of course.
MichaelScarn123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by WedgeAnt)
Which role are you actually applying for because the ABM role doesn't exist (by name) anymore, to the best of my knowledge of course.
AirOps (Aerospace Systems)
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MichaelScarn123)
AirOps (Aerospace Systems)
Hi

Have you read all of the information on the role page on the RAF Recruitment website thoroughly?

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/r...ospace-systems

Everything you need to know for your interview is on the role page, know all of that and you won't be far wrong...

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
MichaelScarn123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RAF_Adam)
Hi

Have you read all of the information on the role page on the RAF Recruitment website thoroughly?

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/r...ospace-systems

Everything you need to know for your interview is on the role page, know all of that and you won't be far wrong...

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Yeah, that's as far as my notes go. I was just unsure of how detailed you had to be in regards to knowing exactly what you're doing and on what week you're doing it etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (33)
32.35%
No - I have already returned home (10)
9.8%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (23)
22.55%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (7)
6.86%
No - I live at home during term anyway (29)
28.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed