The Student Room Group

Boyfriend has sex with me when I’m asleep

My boyfriend has been having sex with me when I’m asleep for a couple of months now and sometimes I wake up and sometimes I don’t I know he does it every night as it’s Normally wet in the mornings he says he doesn’t remember and says he must of been asleep I don’t want to say anything because I don’t want to ruin our relationship but he does it more then once in one night he also wants sex at least 3 times a day and he touches me all the time I don’t know what to do

Scroll to see replies

He is a rapist.

Phone the police.
Troll?
Dump him and report him to the police, so no one else has to go through with that. At least talk to someone that you trust and ask for their advice, you understand your situation better than anyone.
Reply 4
But I love him and I don’t want to cause drama
Reply 5
Original post by YaliaV
Troll?

Nope serious
Reply 6
Original post by Ikhan1
Dump him and report him to the police, so no one else has to go through with that. At least talk to someone that you trust and ask for their advice, you understand your situation better than anyone.

I don’t know who to talk to without getting him in trouble
Original post by Jaded4132
But I love him and I don’t want to cause drama

Well your other choice is to continue to allow him to rape you... I wouldn't recommend it though, it will really screw up your mental health and sooner rather than later. I'm speaking from experience.
Nope serious

It's very unlikely that he doesn't remember. It doesn't matter if it ruins the relationship, as he seems to be using you as a sex object and he doesn't care about your needs. If he loved you, then he wouldn't be doing this. I think you know that.
I don’t know who to talk to without getting him in trouble

Maybe talk to a friend or a family member
Reply 10
My boyfriend has been having sex with me when I’m asleep for a couple of months now and sometimes I wake up and sometimes I don’t I know he does it every night as it’s Normally wet in the mornings he says he doesn’t remember and says he must of been asleep I don’t want to say anything because I don’t want to ruin our relationship but he does it more then once in one night he also wants sex at least 3 times a day and he touches me all the time I don’t know what to do

there is a type of sleepwalking that can cause sexual behaviors to be acted out in a sleepwalking state, it may be worth pursuing this medically if he is being sincere about him being asleep. here's a link about it (https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/sleepless-in-america/200902/sexsomnia)
Reply 11
This is called rape to do anything without permission. You can now make a police report against him if you want.
Erm he’s raping you. Sleep walking doesn’t enable you to have sex lol. He’s a sex pest and will probably cheat on you and rape other women. Just saying
Reply 13
Original post by Milax1x
Erm he’s raping you. Sleep walking doesn’t enable you to have sex lol. He’s a sex pest and will probably cheat on you and rape other women. Just saying

just saying, I think i might go with the psychologist's and medical experts who say that actually sleepwalking can enable some people to perfom sexual behaviors without them knowing. whilst the act can still be just as damaging to the other party that doesnt change the fact that it can be caused by a type of sleepwalking disorder... plus the op was looking for suggestions based on not criminality but non legal options to persue.

He's a rapist and sex-addict.
lol must be a troll but if this is the case, this is rape, L pack XD
By not reporting him you're allowing him to think these behaviours are okay when they most certainly aren't. He's taking advantage of you and will only do the same to another woman. It doesn't matter how much you love him, he doesn't love or respect you. Please tell someone.
You don't want this yes? Then you tell him stop it. If he doesn't listen then leave him.
Please leave him OP. And call the police.
Honestly I am highly sceptical of this thread and the way it is written.

The answer is it all depends whether you give him consent.
He appears to have told you and you have known about it fro some time.
You dont appear to have done or said anything about it.
It appears he thinks he has your consent.

Thread doesnt make sense. report it to the police or rape crisis.

Quick Reply