The Student Room Group

Turning down sex.

alreet so basically, me and my girlfriend occasionally spend the night in and drink, and so things can get a little heated but depending on how far gone i am, i'll refuse doing anything because i feel like i'm taking advantage of her? is this normal? i respect her and taking advantage is the last thing i wanna do, am i being paranoid or what, she really gets into it and i'm wondering if i'm doing the wrong thing, if im sober enough to think about morals, i'll always object to sex, especially if she's drunk too, it often comes down to the inability to provide consent, and i know how much of a beta male i look saying that but i don't want her waking up; hungover as ****, sore and wondering what's happened. i dont know if its rape or what lmaoo? but whenever she's sober she'll reassure me and tell me it'd be okay if i was to have sex while drunk.

i mean, we continue drinking and it happens eventually, but i'd just feel bad being partially sober ****ing my S/O who's drunk lol.
Original post by sushitrash(
alreet so basically, me and my girlfriend occasionally spend the night in and drink, and so things can get a little heated but depending on how far gone i am, i'll refuse doing anything because i feel like i'm taking advantage of her? is this normal? i respect her and taking advantage is the last thing i wanna do, am i being paranoid or what, she really gets into it and i'm wondering if i'm doing the wrong thing, if im sober enough to think about morals, i'll always object to sex, especially if she's drunk too, it often comes down to the inability to provide consent, and i know how much of a beta male i look saying that but i don't want her waking up; hungover as ****, sore and wondering what's happened. i dont know if its rape or what lmaoo? but whenever she's sober she'll reassure me and tell me it'd be okay if i was to have sex while drunk.

i mean, we continue drinking and it happens eventually, but i'd just feel bad being partially sober ****ing my S/O who's drunk lol.

If you're not comfortable having sex with her at any point then it's fine to say no.
congrats man this is the right thing to do...

a drunk state is definitely not one where we can make decisions!

As her BEFORE she is drunk

brotip: you don't need alcohol to have fun (and you'll save yourself from long-term health problems)
Reply 3
Original post by TheTroll73
congrats man this is the right thing to do...

a drunk state is definitely not one where we can make decisions!

As her BEFORE she is drunk

brotip: you don't need alcohol to have fun (and you'll save yourself from long-term health problems)

thanks buddy, and yeah you're definitely right, it's often to be social but i am going to tone it down :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest