brown discharge, itching, negative pregnancy test, irregular periods

Watch
imnp
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I had itching a few weeks ago on opening flaps of vagina. i was abroad and not having regular sex with my boyfriend. came back and we had sex. itching still coming and going, mostly when i swim or at night. recently been having dark brown discharge for the last couple of days. seems to have gone down. took home preg. test yesterday and today- all negative results. No odour down there. I have irregular periods- usually a month and a half to 2 months in between. my last period was just under 2 months ago. no other signs of pregnancy. please reply urgently!!
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by imnp)
I had itching a few weeks ago on opening flaps of vagina. i was abroad and not having regular sex with my boyfriend. came back and we had sex. itching still coming and going, mostly when i swim or at night. recently been having dark brown discharge for the last couple of days. seems to have gone down. took home preg. test yesterday and today- all negative results. No odour down there. I have irregular periods- usually a month and a half to 2 months in between. my last period was just under 2 months ago. no other signs of pregnancy. please reply urgently!!
You haven't actually asked a question, but I'm going to assume that you want advice.

Nobody here can give you medical advice. If you're concerned then see your GP.
imnp
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
You haven't actually asked a question, but I'm going to assume that you want advice.

Nobody here can give you medical advice. If you're concerned then see your GP.
need to wait until monday to see doctor, wanted to see if anyone had just been through the same thing as it is not very common and it is v confusing.
IQuitTSR
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yup you need to go to the doctor to know if it's some disease or something

good luck and have patience

after all patients are called patients because they need to be patient (or at least used to now that we have medicine giving a billion side effects*)

*I was once prescribed a medicine which stated death as a side effect even though the disease was nowhere near life-threatening
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by imnp)
Errr.... go to the GUM clinic like any normal person would.
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You need to see a doctor or sexual health professional. I don’t think itching is a common sign of pregnancy but you may have an STI/thrush or something.
imnp
Rep:
?
(Original post by paul514)
Errr.... go to the GUM clinic like any normal person would.
tbh that is quite a judgemental tone seeing as you don't know me. more importantly, as a man, should you be really telling women how to navigate our myriad of health issues? Our symptoms, (even though they can be so confusing at times) usually amount to nothing. Often waiting a problem out is a solution to help judge our complex bodies with more acute sensitivity.

ps. refer to my last post re: closed doctor's office
cherryred90s
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by imnp)
tbh that is quite a judgemental tone seeing as you don't know me. more importantly, as a man, should you be really telling women how to navigate our myriad of health issues? Our symptoms, (even though they can be so confusing at times) usually amount to nothing. Often waiting a problem out is a solution to help judge our complex bodies with more acute sensitivity.

He is right though. You should definitely go to your local GUM clinic
Luke5125
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by imnp)
Sounds like some sort of disease or infection, was it really hot where you went? Did you wear tight fitting underwear?
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by imnp)

Oh yea so judgemental and wrong of a man to tell you to go to the area of medicine you require. 🙄😂
imnp
Rep:
?
(Original post by Luke5125)
Sounds like some sort of disease or infection, was it really hot where you went? Did you wear tight fitting underwear?
yes i did! i was in italy and the middle east for a year
imnp
Rep:
?
(Original post by paul514)
Oh yea so judgemental and wrong of a man to tell you to go to the area of medicine you require. 🙄😂
well, id first like to register my surprise that by your comment, you seem to find this quite amusing for you. what bothered me about your post is your tone and the term 'normal person'. as if you're not commenting about someone who is obviously worried about their health. and you obviously chose to ignore my post where i iterate that 1. i was abroad when it started and two, when i got back, the doctor was closed for this weekend. be a little sensitive, maybe? i've seen that you have got some negative feedback on your profile for the flippant remarks you make online. this isnt a game, im writing on here because i cant do anything about it for a few days and would appreciate some support in knowing others are feeling the same way.

I am anyway going to the doctor, and agree with the basic notion of your post, but again if you had chosen to properly read the posts i had written, you would have seen that this wont be an option for me until Monday. a simple word of plain/ supportive advice would have sufficed.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
Have you looked on nhs website?
imnp
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Have you looked on nhs website?
yes :/ there's nothing much. they all say i need to get it checked out. pregnancy seems a likely option. i have received negative tests at home thus far but apparently you can't even trust a GP administered one. i am going to the doctor on monday, but it would be so great if someone else had experienced the same things so i can put my mind at rest until then.
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by imnp)
well, id first like to register my surprise that by your comment, you seem to find this quite amusing for you. what bothered me about your post is your tone and the term 'normal person'. as if you're not commenting about someone who is obviously worried about their health. and you obviously chose to ignore my post where i iterate that 1. i was abroad when it started and two, when i got back, the doctor was closed for this weekend. be a little sensitive, maybe? i've seen that you have got some negative feedback on your profile for the flippant remarks you make online. this isnt a game, im writing on here because i cant do anything about it for a few days and would appreciate some support in knowing others are feeling the same way.

I am anyway going to the doctor, and agree with the basic notion of your post, but again if you had chosen to properly read the posts i had written, you would have seen that this wont be an option for me until Monday. a simple word of plain/ supportive advice would have sufficed.
Oh boo boo mah feelz.

You asked what to do I told you
cherryred90s
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by imnp)
yes :/ there's nothing much. they all say i need to get it checked out. pregnancy seems a likely option. i have received negative tests at home thus far but apparently you can't even trust a GP administered one. i am going to the doctor on monday, but it would be so great if someone else had experienced the same things so i can put my mind at rest until then.
If you’ve had negative tests then it’s highly unlikely that you’re pregnant. It could be anything from a vaginal infection/irritation to an STD. You’ll just have to wait until you can see a professional to know for sure. I’ve haven’t had your exact symptoms but I have had a very light brown discharge before, and it didn’t turn out to be anything.
imnp
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=paul514;78929704]Oh boo boo mah feelz.

Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
Only a GP can let you know, no one here can give you expert advice especially without a proper examination.

Too me though, because you have brown discharge and irregular periods together it could possibly be PCOS hormonal imbalance. Check the NHS website for more details- https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/polycy...syndrome-pcos/

However their are other possible things that could be causing the brown discharge.

1) Could possibly be a pregnancy, home tests can constantly be wrong.
2) Brown discharge could be caused by cervical irritation which could be caused by sex.
3) PID is a possibility, however you currently do not display any other symptoms that suggest PID like abdominal pain or irritant urine.
4) And in VERY RARE CASES it could be an early sign of the big C of the cervix, however it is highly unlikely, but it is important to see a GP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (187)
33.27%
Receiving them online / by email (282)
50.18%
I still don't know (93)
16.55%

Watched Threads