The Student Room Group

HELP ME

B6666487-11A6-40DC-9B32-08537A289CDC.jpg.jpeg

2B4B8DDE-47A6-436A-A742-50764FBBC835.jpg.jpeg

What’s happening😞I thought it was a fungal infection but now there’s bruising of some sort and I don’t know what’s happening, help?!
Pls go see a GP.
Reply 2
Is it bad? :frown:
Fungal infection and necrotic tissue? That's the black dead stuff.

You need to see a doctor and get that sorted. Unless you smashed them with a rolling pin and bruised them terribly, that's an infection that seems to be damaging the flesh under your nails.

(not a doctor though)
Reply 4
Thank u so much :frown: I was just scared it could be like cancer, HIV or something bad like that :frown:
Original post by Kaitlyn5
Thank u so much :frown: I was just scared it could be like cancer, HIV or something bad like that :frown:

😂

If you have bashed your toes or been wearing some extremely tight shoes that could just be bruising.
Reply 6
😂I really don’t think so no ahahaha, I wore a pair of shoes and they hurt my toes once but that’s about it but I already had the bruising at that point

Unlikely to be an autoimmune issue like HIV, because fungus is different to the sorts of infections that you'd take the day off and gulp Calpol for. So it probably wouldn't be isolated to the toes. (Stop having unprotected sex though lol)

Cancer tends to be a bump and it wouldn't be able to change the growth of the free edge of the nail because it is dead. Cancer is overgrowing living tissue. That'd be like saying "it could be cancer of the hair". Which can't happen.

If you do a lot of sports, try to change your socks, use talcum powder on your feet after sweating, and spend as much time in bare feet as you can. Warm, moist environments are heaven for fungus.
Reply 8
Thank you so much you’ve been the best help, do you know any easy or quick remedies for fungal infections?
Reply 9
& I think I may get it from having bad circulation in my feet they are constantly cold I’m not sure but.
Thank you so much you’ve been the best help, do you know any easy or quick remedies for fungal infections?

As I say; keep the conditions as unpleasant for the fungus as possible. Lots of powder to dry it out, no socks around the house to stop it from getting warm, keep your nails clean and trimmed.

If you're feeling dramatic, adding a half cup of bleach to a little tub of water and soaking your feet in it might help. Bleach baths are helpful for my eczema which can get fungal infections. The PH is too acidic for the fungus or bacteria to survive in. I seriously doubt you will need that kind of intervention though. You'll probably just need to use a cream for a few weeks and not go running in the midday sun when it's a million degrees.

Speak to your GP, this isn't bad enough to be concerned about. It will just be annoying and look kind of gross for a while, but you'll live :wink:
Reply 11
Thank you so much! Your so kind!! Really helped me stop worrying as much thank you for helping me! :smile:
Thank you so much! Your so kind!! Really helped me stop worrying as much thank you for helping me! :smile:

You're welcome! Remember to check with a doctor though! Don't worry about it though; fungal nail infections are really common, especially among athletes and active people.

Quick Reply

Latest