The Student Room Group

Can’t decide what course to do?

I’m a year 12 student who does A levels in Geography , History , English Lit & Religious Studies. I’ve always enjoyed English and thought i wanted to do English lit at uni however, i’ve been made aware of the lack of jobs for this degree and obviously being non vocational , this worries me. I’ve been looking at other degree courses and anthropology looks interesting but so does economic history/geography. I know that these degrees also don’t necessarily have a specific career path ahead ( similar to english) but I’m really not sure if i want to dedicate the next 3 years of my life to studying English. I also liked the idea of doing a law degree but studying it is a different story. For the time being I’m confused over what i want to do and what uni i’d like to go to for what course. I’ve also though about a gap year , to perhaps earn some money and establish what course i want to do but I don’t want to lose motivation and end up not going to uni?
You're in a similar boat to me but I have just finished year 13. I also struggle to pick a specific course. I don't know how people can so easily do it. I guess they have so much passion for the subject they choose that they don't hesitate. I chose Law and still have some doubts. Whatever we choose we will habe doubts I gues... If you have so much time to think about something you are worried about then it won't be unusual to feel a little confused. 😣
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending