The Student Room Group

I think my girlfriend dresses too revealingly (school and out of school)

So I’m kinda worried I guess about my girlfriend. She’s 15, and is dressing real quite revealingly imo but I’d like other people’s opinion on it.
So out of school if we go out with a group of people or to a party especially her skirts are incredibly short. Like at the parties, if she bends over at all she flashes her bum, and even just walking normally her skirt will ride up and she’s Just leaves it until it’s showing like 1” of her bum Just to pull it down. I know guys are looking because she is pretty, And it’s not like like she’s wearing big knickers either. They’re normally just small ones but one time I caught her without any (she didn’t tell me).
At school it’s basically the same really, although she’s wearing tights which are kinda see through but now that bad. People do see her bum on a regular basis when she’s bends down or even walks really, but in school she’s quicker to pull it down once it’s Ridden up.

So what do you think? Should I stop thinking about it or do something, but more to the point, is it acceptable that she does this?,what makes her do it?, and would she not feel weird for flashing in the first place, and feel bad for me when she’s showing her ass in front of other guys?
Reply 1
It’s perfectly acceptable as clearly she is aware her clothes are revealing and doesn’t seem to care. You’re not forced to stay with her and you knew what you was getting into when you got with her.
I think it’s perfectly acceptable, because she doesn’t exist and this is a made up thread.
A lot of these young girls nowadays hold no decency. You would think parents would teach their children how to dress. Smh. She is intentionally revealing for all the other boys she walks past.
(edited 5 years ago)
le troll threads are getting good

In case this is actually not le troll thread:

you may recommend her to wear less revealing clothes for the reasons you stated. But it's her choice so don't force it bro.

but she prolly wants to seem attractive to people so idek if it's possible for her to change her mind
Original post by The Weeknd
A lot of these young girls nowadays hold no decency. You would think parents would teach their children how to dress. Smh. She is intentionally revealing for all the other boys she walks past.

Girls can wear whatever they want.
Stop slut shaming!
Reply 6
Original post by Rhodesian
Stop slut shaming!

The irony of slut shaming being called slut shaming is, amusing
Stop slut shaming!

They can wear what they want. We can all do dumb sht. Doesn't mean we have to. We show decency rather than expose ourselves to every person. How can one have so much pride. It's disgusting.
Reply 8
Original post by Milax1x
It’s perfectly acceptable as clearly she is aware her clothes are revealing and doesn’t seem to care. You’re not forced to stay with her and you knew what you was getting into when you got with her.

Yeah I Get that, but is it socially acceptable now for a girl to show anyone who’s looking, her bum? And is it ok in a school as well, because she’s clearly breaking the uniform code, and school isn’t really the right place to be flashing your knickers and bum is it?
Reply 9

What’d you think about that she does it in school too? Should she be punished for it, just told off etc?
I asked her why she did it once and she said she just wanted to feel sexy but I told her She doesn’t need to think that but she just told me it’s different, and that She feels really nice doing it in school especially
They can wear what they want. We can all do dumb sht. Doesn't mean we have to. We show decency rather than expose ourselves to every person. How can one have so much pride. It's disgusting.

That’s your opinion.
And may I say it’s a very closed-minded, conservative opinion. Your probably religious.

If she wants to wear revealing clothes she can. If she likes it and feels good in it then good for her.
It’s not for us to judge other people like you are doing. And calling someone ‘disgusting’ for how they dress is just so wrong.
Agree with trinculo that this is a highly suspect thread/ troll alert.
Brand new account and there seems a fixation with writing bum and knickers.
Also mentions punishing gf to wind people up.

Doesnt ring true or the OP is messed up.
Original post by Milax1x
The irony of slut shaming being called slut shaming is, amusing

Lol yeah I know.
But what else are you supposed to call it?

But, if someone says your slut shaming someone it means your making them out to be a slut by judging them on how they dress.
If I were to say stop slut shaming I would be saying stop implying she’s a slit because of how she dresses.

Anyway slut is just a negative term for someone who has a lot of sex. It shouldn’t have anything to do with clothes
Reply 13
That’s your opinion.
And may I say it’s a very closed-minded, conservative opinion. Your probably religious.

If she wants to wear revealing clothes she can. If she likes it and feels good in it then good for her.
It’s not for us to judge other people like you are doing. And calling someone ‘disgusting’ for how they dress is just so wrong.

But what would you think if you saw a teenage girl walking down the street with literally half of her bum hanging out of her tiny skirt? (I want to make it goes my girlfriend doesn’t do this, I’m just making a point). Surely you’d think it’s totally inappropriate for a public scene to be showing your ass?
Original post by MikeHerald
But what would you think if you saw a teenage girl walking down the street with literally half of her bum hanging out of her tiny skirt? (I want to make it goes my girlfriend doesn’t do this, I’m just making a point). Surely you’d think it’s totally inappropriate for a public scene to be showing your ass?

I do think your slightly over exaggerating what she wears.

But nevertheless if you really don’t like what she’s wearing you should just talk to her about it.
find yourself a new girlfriend, that's embarrassing
Some girls like to show their stuff when they're not dating in order to get attention obviously, but if they are dating, I think they should have the decency to be respectful to their boyfriend. If they have committed to a relationship, it's unfair for them to keep flashing themselves around and acting as bait for other guys. There might be some odd situations where the guy is totally comfortable with that, but if so, it's likely not a healthy relationship and is not going to last long. Relationships were designed for intimacy and for being able to share things in privacy, and if you take that away, there's no longer anything special about two people being together. A girl should not be desperate for attention and love once she's in a relationship, and if she is, it's likely not good for her to stay in it.

Outside of relationship terms, I do think there's a degree of common sense that goes into whether or not someone should dress revealingly depending on the environment they're in. If they're in a uniform school, a religious environment, an environment with lots of young people, or something of the like, they should be respectful and not blatantly rude about how they are displaying their body, realizing that they could either be tempting or offending either people. If there is a dress code somewhere, the place has it for a reason and that rule deserves to be followed.

If this is indeed not your girlfriend, I'm curious, why is this bothering you? What prompted this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending