The Student Room Group

How to link Pharmacy work experience to Biomedical Science?

Hi, basically I've done work experience at a Pharmacy, so I've been dispensing drugs and helping out with stocks and all that. Does anyone know how I could write about this for my personal statement for a Bsc in Biomed?

I mean, stacking shelves, dispensing drugs. How can I make the link? Any ideas?
Original post by randomsheep11
Hi, basically I've done work experience at a Pharmacy, so I've been dispensing drugs and helping out with stocks and all that. Does anyone know how I could write about this for my personal statement for a Bsc in Biomed?

I mean, stacking shelves, dispensing drugs. How can I make the link? Any ideas?

There isn't really a direct link to be made so i d focus on what you've done academically related to biomedical science.
Original post by claireestelle
There isn't really a direct link to be made so i d focus on what you've done academically related to biomedical science.

Oh I see, thank you :smile:
I did pharmacy work experience for application for biomed likewise. Basically I linked the skills which I learnt and how they were related to being able to use certain equipment safely within the degree etc etc
Original post by RhinoPlastyCmon
I did pharmacy work experience for application for biomed likewise. Basically I linked the skills which I learnt and how they were related to being able to use certain equipment safely within the degree etc etc

Oh that's a good point since I used some equipment too. Thanks :smile:
Link the skills you used.You worked in a team as part of your work in a pharmacy I presume,that would be useful for biomed working in a lab with other people.
You had to communicate well ,both with those working with you and with customers,that would be useful for biomed where you are presenting to your colleagues ,potentially the general public and just in general.
You learn to explain things.You wouldn’t go into the technical details of explaining someone medication .This skill to simplify things could work for things such as writing grants ,talking to a patent lawyer,talking to the general public etc.
And so on.
@randomsheep11
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending