The Student Room Group

is racism and being against a religious group really that different

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
It is quite different considering that:
Race is innate but Religions are ideas, ideas can be changed, race cannot.
Reply 81
Original post by tammie123
You said it indirectly
No I didn't.

but what you were trying to say was very clear, anyone could see it.
In which case, you will be able to quote me, and show how it is "very clear".

I'm referring to the white supremacist part of our discussion
You mean the bit where I was challenging your claim that you can't know what a person believes simply by the ideology they subscribe to?
Do you know what an analogy is?
You said it indirectly but what you were trying to say was very clear, anyone could see it. I'm referring to the white supremacist part of our discussion, also this thread isn't a debate on religious scripture it's about prejudice. I never agreed to have a debate on religious scripture with you so I don't know why you're demanding for me to address the points you made on scripture.

That’s the point YOU don’t get it, he never said what you have attributed to him.
Original post by QE2
The ironic thing is that it is the conflating of race with an ideology that is racist.
It means that you assume all followers of that religion to be of one race.
Well, ley me enlighten you. Not all Muslims are Pakistanis. And Pakistanis are not Arabs. Indonesia is the most populous Muslim country, and Indonesians are neither Arab nor Pakistani. There are millions of white European Muslims. And so on.
So, do yourself a favour and stop trying to stifle reasonable criticism of an unacceptable ideology by bigoted attacks on the critics. Remember, you can attack the idea but not the person - or does that only apply one way?

I know not all Muslims are Pakistanis and Arabs. However, Islamophobic speakers like Nigel Farage, Tommy Robinson, Britain First and co are incapable of making that differentiation. In right wing political discussions, Muslims are always connected to immigration and fears of Islam being imported by benefit-thieving illiterate Pakistanis.

How has anyone stifled you from criticising Islam? Troll threads are made each month for you to express your vehement dislike of Islam. You are known on this site for hating Islam. You only post on Islam related threads. One cannot scroll through TSR latest discussions without seeing at least one thread being made in regards to criticising Islam.

Yet, I point out the inherently racist undertones in Islamophobic speakers' platforms, e.g. Katie Hopkins celebrating the deaths of migrants drowning and somehow this is shutting down criticism. If people say cruel things, I will call them out on it. Anyone who gets a kick out of the suffering of others is probably a sadist and undeserving of respect.

If people don't like being called bigoted, prejudiced, or racist then simply stop being those things and change your ways rather than being stuck in denial about it.
Original post by Constantine2018
I know not all Muslims are Pakistanis and Arabs. However, Islamophobic speakers like Nigel Farage, Tommy Robinson, Britain First and co are incapable of making that differentiation. In right wing political discussions, Muslims are always connected to immigration and fears of Islam being imported by benefit-thieving illiterate Pakistanis.

How has anyone stifled you from criticising Islam? Troll threads are made each month for you to express your vehement dislike of Islam. You are known on this site for hating Islam. You only post on Islam related threads. One cannot scroll through TSR latest discussions without seeing at least one thread being made in regards to criticising Islam.

Yet, I point out the inherently racist undertones in Islamophobic speakers' platforms, e.g. Katie Hopkins celebrating the deaths of migrants drowning and somehow this is shutting down criticism. If people say cruel things, I will call them out on it. Anyone who gets a kick out of the suffering of others is probably a sadist and undeserving of respect.

If people don't like being called bigoted, prejudiced, or racist then simply stop being those things and change your ways rather than being stuck in denial about it.

he's proven himself to be a bigot on this thread he said it's okay to hate muslims just for being muslim which includes believing in the quran and now he is trying to deny it
he's proven himself to be a bigot on this thread he said it's okay to hate muslims just for being muslim which includes believing in the quran and now he is trying to deny it

It's like those people who say that the holocaust didn't happen but then claim that they have nothing against Jews. :rolleyes:

Proof
Original post by paul514
Proof

it's not all in one post, you'd have to read the conversation between me and him to realise what he is saying so even if I post the conversation in order I could be accused of rearranging the order in order to defame him. But it's all in this thread. As long as he hasn't deleted it
Er yes because a religion isn’t a race.
it's not all in one post, you'd have to read the conversation between me and him to realise what he is saying so even if I post the conversation in order I could be accused of rearranging the order in order to defame him. But it's all in this thread. As long as he hasn't deleted it

I have read his posts and he didn’t say it, so post the proof that simply doesn’t exist.
Reply 90
But you include any vocal critic od=f Islam in this group.

How has anyone stifled you from criticising Islam?
The regular accusations of "bigot" and the constant reporting are exactly that!

Troll threads are made each month for you to express your vehement dislike of Islam. You are known on this site for hating Islam.
Is every thread discussing some element of Islam a "troll" thread?

You only post on Islam related threads.
Demonstrably untrue.

One cannot scroll through TSR latest discussions without seeing at least one thread being made in regards to criticising Islam.
One cannot turn on the news, open a paper, or scroll through current affairs forums without seeing several items criticising Trump. Did you have a point?

Yes, people like Katie Hopkins are obvious bigots (whether genuine or just for the ratings is unclear), however you said... "Islamophobes who pretend that they are not racist are either so delusional that they can't even see their own racism or they know what they are but want to masquerade as a completely rational intellectual scholar in religions."
I am a proud Islamophobe (according to the OED definition) and I also claim not to be racist, therefore you were referring to me, as well as people like Dawkins, Harris, Dennet, Barker, Hirsi Ali, Hitchens, etc.

What you really mean is "If people want to avoid being labelled a racist bigot, they should stop criticising Islam".
Ironically, such tactics are usually favoured by the far-right.
Reply 91
You keep making this accusation but keep failing to support it with any evidence, despite me asking you to do so. You are either dishonest or incapable of simple comprehension. Which is it?
Reply 92
It's like those people who say that the holocaust didn't happen but then claim that they have nothing against Jews. :rolleyes:
Seriously? What are you on about?
Are you still butthurt because of our previous exchanges?
Get over it.
Reply 93
Post the conversation. It is all still there.

You made the accusation so the burden of proof is on you to prove it. So, either prove it or apologise.
Original post by QE2
But you include any vocal critic od=f Islam in this group.

The regular accusations of "bigot" and the constant reporting are exactly that!

Is every thread discussing some element of Islam a "troll" thread?

Demonstrably untrue.

One cannot turn on the news, open a paper, or scroll through current affairs forums without seeing several items criticising Trump. Did you have a point?

Yes, people like Katie Hopkins are obvious bigots (whether genuine or just for the ratings is unclear), however you said... "Islamophobes who pretend that they are not racist are either so delusional that they can't even see their own racism or they know what they are but want to masquerade as a completely rational intellectual scholar in religions."
I am a proud Islamophobe (according to the OED definition) and I also claim not to be racist, therefore you were referring to me, as well as people like Dawkins, Harris, Dennet, Barker, Hirsi Ali, Hitchens, etc.

What you really mean is "If people want to avoid being labelled a racist bigot, they should stop criticising Islam".
Ironically, such tactics are usually favoured by the far-right.

No. I call people who are bigots, bigots. Many Islamophobic speakers have something against brown people and often let slip a racist comment.

The point was that you were claiming that your right to criticise Islam was somehow being threatened when all evidence points to the contrary.

Right because someone simply claiming they are not racist is definite proof that they aren’t racist.

Do you say in the real world to people that you are a proud Islamophobe? If you don’t declare this in public, you aren’t really ‘proud’ of it then. You just hide behind a computer monitor to say you are a proud Islamophobe. Most people act tough on the internet because they are really weak irl.

Do you suddenly have mind reading abilities that you can declare confidently that is what I really mean? Why do you care if someone calls you a Islamophobe or bigoted? I thought you were proud of it. So what I or anyone else says shouldn’t matter to you.

I have never seen you post on any forum or threads except religion and debate threads. You don’t even need to click on a Islam thread to know that you probably posted on it.
Reply 95
You can't choose or change your race, you can choose your religion.
Original post by QE2
Seriously? What are you on about?
Are you still butthurt because of our previous exchanges?
Get over it.

You overestimate your importance in my life. You think I am sitting in an emo corner weeping over what some random person on a student forum said to me? You should get that surgery to deflate your egotistical head ASAP.
Reply 97
No. I call people who are bigots, bigots. Many Islamophobic speakers have something against brown people and often let slip a racist comment.
You call people who you disagree with, bigots. You call people who reasonably criticise Islam, bigots. Basically, you throw the word around with so little thought or reason that it becomes meaningless.

The point was that you were claiming that your right to criticise Islam was somehow being threatened when all evidence points to the contrary.
No. I'm claiming that people use terms like "bigot" and "Islamophobe" in an attempt to stifle criticism.

Right because someone simply claiming they are not racist is definite proof that they aren’t racist.
Whereas, you claiming that they are is definite proof that they are? *smh*

Do you say in the real world to people that you are a proud Islamophobe? If you don’t declare this in public, you aren’t really ‘proud’ of it then. You just hide behind a computer monitor to say you are a proud Islamophobe. Most people act tough on the internet because they are really weak irl.
If the subject comes up, yes of course. And when I explain it in the context of the OED definition, most people agree with me. However, I don't go round randomly telling people - that would be weird.

Do you suddenly have mind reading abilities that you can declare confidently that is what I really mean?
You don't need to be a mind reader to figure that one out. After all, you and Tammie were claiming to know what I meant even though I had never said it.

Why do you care if someone calls you a Islamophobe or bigoted? I thought you were proud of it. So what I or anyone else says shouldn’t matter to you.
I don't care if someone calls me an Islamophobe but I do care if they call me a bigot.
And so far, neither you nor Tammie has been able to show that I have said anything that is at all bigoted. You have both made a false accusation and now you refuse to accept it. Just try and be an adult, accept your mistake, apologise and move on. People will think better of you for it.

I have never seen you post on any forum or threads except religion and debate threads. You don’t even need to click on a Islam thread to know that you probably posted on it.
Ah, so because you haven't seen something, it doesn't exist? That makes perfect sense.
Reply 98
You overestimate your importance in my life. You think I am sitting in an emo corner weeping over what some random person on a student forum said to me? You should get that surgery to deflate your egotistical head ASAP.
Well, your responses kinda suggest that. I could be wrong though.
You're right. There are no English muslims (unless they converted, which is rare.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending