The Student Room Group

Three year old boy victim of acid attack

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-44916419

A three-year-old boy has been seriously injured in a suspected acid attack in a shop, police said.
The boy was "deliberately attacked" at Home Bargains in Worcester at 14:15 BST on Saturday, West Mercia Police said. He is being treated in hospital for serious burns to his arm and face.

A 39-year-old man from Wolverhampton has been arrested in connection with the incident at Shrub Hill Retail Park, Tallow Hill. Ch Supt Mark Travis described the incident as a "deliberate attack".

These acid attacks have got to stop and we need to seriously increase the prison sentences for acid attacks, poor kid just 3 years old :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Disgusting just why
wtf. That's awful
The government want someone to die before they say “wow, we need to do something about this”...and then continue to do absolutely nothing about it...
NOW: Emergency government meeting
Two weeks later: 2 year old suffers burns from acid attack
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-44916419

A three-year-old boy has been seriously injured in a suspected acid attack in a shop, police said.
The boy was "deliberately attacked" at Home Bargains in Worcester at 14:15 BST on Saturday, West Mercia Police said. He is being treated in hospital for serious burns to his arm and face.

A 39-year-old man from Wolverhampton has been arrested in connection with the incident at Shrub Hill Retail Park, Tallow Hill. Ch Supt Mark Travis described the incident as a "deliberate attack".

These acid attacks have got to stop and we need to seriously increase the prison sentences for acid attacks, poor kid just 3 years old :frown:

I will never be able to get my head round acid attacks. Not only are they excruciating but they leave horrendous scars for the rest of that persons life. Now that poor 3 year old kid is going to have those scars for the rest of his life. It is such a disgusting thing to do and I really can’t understand the mentality of wanting to effect someone so severely not only in the short term but for the rest of their life. Also why would you target a three year old? It’s disturbing
Original post by amelia.jonathon
I will never be able to get my head round acid attacks. Not only are they excruciating but they leave horrendous scars for the rest of that persons life. Now that poor 3 year old kid is going to have those scars for the rest of his life. It is such a disgusting thing to do and I really can’t understand the mentality of wanting to effect someone so severely not only in the short term but for the rest of their life. Also why would you target a three year old? It’s disturbing

Because some people are evil and sadistic, no other words to describe them. That's one of the reasons I believe acid attacks should carry huge sentences because of the permanent damage it causes, every time they look in the mirror they are reminded of what happened. Makes me so angry, people who conduct acid attacks should receive a life sentence.
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Because some people are evil and sadistic, no other words to describe them. That's one of the reasons I believe acid attacks should carry huge sentences because of the permanent damage it causes, every time they look in the mirror they are reminded of what happened. Makes me so angry, people who conduct acid attacks should receive a life sentence.

This case angry you

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/fury-teen-acid-attacker-set-11926372
A nurse named Joanne Rand died in June 2017 after having industrial strength sulphuric acid thrown on her.

Ms Rand had just returned from visiting her daughter's grave.
She was sitting on a park bench when a dispute broke out nearby between a group of youths that included an acid wielding teenager and his drug dealer.
In April 2018, 19 year old Xeneral Webster pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of Joanne Rand at Reading Crown Court.
Webster was also on trial for robbery, damaging property, making a threat to kill, murder, possession of an offensive weapon x 2, affray and attempted grievous bodily harm.

Original post by Ikhan1
The government want someone to die before they say “wow, we need to do something about this”...and then continue to do absolutely nothing about it...
(edited 5 years ago)
I just cannot understand why you would want to hurt a 3 year old boy
Because some revolting scumbag wants to maim or possibly murder a 3 year old with acid.

Britain has already seen acid throwing robbers, acid throwing ex lovers, acid throwing ex friends and acid throwing moped gangs.
Now it's escalated to acid throwing child abusers targeting the under 4s.

Original post by Rock Fan
Disgusting just why
Original post by londonmyst
Because some revolting scumbag wants to maim or possibly murder a 3 year old with acid.

Britain has already seen acid throwing robbers, acid throwing ex lovers, acid throwing ex friends and acid throwing moped gangs.
Now it's escalated to acid throwing child abusers targeting the under 4s.

Just no words, cannot be possibilty be right in the head
What is current jail term for acid user in UK?
Original post by zebraguy 20
What is current jail term for acid user in UK?

Adults convicted of carrying a corrosive substance in public for a second time will be given a minimum six-month jail term, and under-18s handed a four-month detention and training order.

Someone who attacked their former partner with acid was given a sentence of 12 years, though I don’t know if that falls out the norm for punishment.
Original post by shadowdweller
Adults convicted of carrying a corrosive substance in public for a second time will be given a minimum six-month jail term, and under-18s handed a four-month detention and training order.

Someone who attacked their former partner with acid was given a sentence of 12 years, though I don’t know if that falls out the norm for punishment.

Thanks for the information.
Original post by zebraguy 20
Thanks for the information.
he current update on this story, rather than it being a random attack, was that as orchestrated by a muslim asylum seeker that objected to his ex wife walking around without a hijab or niqab.

andso he hired three men to throw acid on her, idiots only managed to hit the child.

perhaps the topic needs now to move onto the seemingly murderous obsession within islamic community to force women to cover up ?
Original post by Reformed
he current update on this story, rather than it being a random attack, was that as orchestrated by a muslim asylum seeker that objected to his ex wife walking around without a hijab or niqab.

andso he hired three men to throw acid on her, idiots only managed to hit the child.

perhaps the topic needs now to move onto the seemingly murderous obsession within islamic community to force women to cover up ?

Source pls
Original post by Reformed

Original post by orderofthelotus
Source pls

Some of that isn't true. The woman was afghan and so was her husband. It seemed they had split up and she was in a safe house. He saw the kids photo in a paper and tracked them.

It's not because she was/wasn't wearing hijab. No one provided a reason for why they had split.
(edited 5 years ago)
Time to bring back the death penalty

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending