The Student Room Group

Scotland in August

Hey hey so I've never been to Scotland before and I'm finally going on holiday with my family in August.

I've heard that it's the bug season so to bring lots of bug spray, but for people who live in Scotland what's the weather and temp up there like normally for summer?
Also for anyone living near the Trossachs can you recommend good days out / places we should definitely visit? X
Usually not too much lower than most areas in England. Naturally the entire UK has been experiencing the heat wave so going by usual temperatures isn't going to be accurate for this summer. We've had temperatures up into the 30s at times. It's 17 and raining on/off in the central belt today, which feels the coolest it's been in a while.

Not familiar with that area but know a little about nearby. Absolutely go up Ben Lomond if you can the view is beautiful! My friends and I attempted it the weekend before last. You can also rent canoes and such nearby and go out on the loch there. Loch Lomond Shores (Balloch) is also a great day out.

Quick Reply

Latest