Predict Your SQA Results! Watch

Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Well done! You've done all the hard work, got through the exams, and now, it's just a case of waiting for those results to come through on the 7th August!

But now that it's only 2 weeks to go (:eek:), what do you think your SQA certificate will say on the day? Post your results predictions in this thread!

Example format...
Required Grades: (if applicable)
BBB at higher and a C in Nat 5 maths for college course

Predictions:
Higher English- B
Higher Music- A
Higher Human Biology- B
Nat 5 Maths- C
Nat 5 French- A

Comments:
How did you find the exams? Are you optimistic about getting what you need?

Want to discuss results day, or ask some questions? Head over to this thread
LeastWolf
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Okay, here we go:
N5 French - A
N5 English - A
N5 Maths - B/A
N5 Physics - B
N5 Chem - A/B
N5 Bio - A
N5 History - A
N5 Philosophy - A/B

I would kill to get 8 As, but I walked out of some exams feeling like I was hit by a truck (looking at you Physics) so....
Yoshi123456
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I have high ambitions which would make disappointment harder to bear. I would love to read Law at Oxford, Edinburgh, Glasgow but realise there are many hurdles to overcome before achieving an offer. For context, I attend a state school.

I have just finished S5 and have taken 6 Highers (already achieved Music at Grade A in S4)
I hope to achieve all As but could have dropped a grade or two in physics, chemistry or modern studies which were my weakest.

Higher English A
Higher Maths A
Higher Modern Studies A (crash Higher)
Higher Chemistry A
Higher Physics A
Higher Music A (already achieved)

I’m studying Advanced Highers in Music, Modern Studies and RMPS (total crash) in S6.

Good luck to all!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JonNiels18
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Ok, here goes:

Nat 5 Chemistry: A
Nat 5 English: No Award (the exam was well shite)
Nat 5 French: A
Nat 5 History: D
Nat 5 Mandarin Sinplified: A
Nat 5 Mathematics: A

I also took two GCSE courses, so I might as well put them here too.

GCSE Art, Craft and Design: 5
GCSE Music: 6

PS. I’m extremely concerned for my English grade considering I got a B in the prelim. My teacher will kill me if I’ve done ****. The pressure of being in top set was awful considering people were getting close to full marks in papers.
StephanieH95120
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Higher Geography - C
Higher History - B / C
Higher Modern Studies - B
Higher Spanish - A / B
N5 Media - B

Aiming for As in Spanish and History ideally, however I’ve never been the most academic regarding History and never achieved higher than a C (bar my higher prelim). Also, the exam was a bit hit and miss so will settle for a B. The Spanish exam on the other hand was amazing, and I feel confident with my talking exam so here’s hoping I get that A!

Geography was okay but I felt my assignment was really poor, so I feel like my grade will drop massively due to that. As long as I pass, I’ll be relieved.

Modern Studies is the one I’d like to perform best in, however again I feel like my assignment could’ve went slightly better. The exam felt much easier though .
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Labrador99
Rep:
?
(Original post by LeastWolf)
Okay, here we go:
N5 French - A
N5 English - A
N5 Maths - B/A
N5 Physics - B
N5 Chem - A/B
N5 Bio - A
N5 History - A
N5 Philosophy - A/B

I would kill to get 8 As, but I walked out of some exams feeling like I was hit by a truck (looking at you Physics) so....
Sounds like you feel you have done really well, which is great! Whether you get 8As, or you get some As and some Bs, it'd still be a great set of grades that you'd be looking at!
Hope you get what you'd aimed for though
Labrador99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yoshi123456)
I have high ambitions which would make disappointment harder to bear. I would love to read Law at Oxford, Edinburgh, Glasgow but realise there are many hurdles to overcome before achieving an offer. For context, I attend a state school.

I have just finished S5 and have taken 6 Highers (already achieved Music at Grade A in S4)
I hope to achieve all As but could have dropped a grade or two in physics, chemistry or modern studies which were my weakest.

Higher English A
Higher Maths A
Higher Modern Studies A (crash Higher)
Higher Chemistry A
Higher Physics A
Higher Music A (already achieved)

I’m studying Advanced Highers in Music, Modern Studies and RMPS (total crash) in S6.

Good luck to all!
There's nothing wrong with aiming high, so long as you know there will always be other ways of getting where you want! Sounds like you feel your exams went pretty well, which is great!

Hope you get the results you've worked for, and whatever your results, there will be people here to provide help/advice/reassurance on and in the lead up to the day! Good luck
Yoshi12345
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Labrador99)
There's nothing wrong with aiming high, so long as you know there will always be other ways of getting where you want! Sounds like you feel your exams went pretty well, which is great!

Hope you get the results you've worked for, and whatever your results, there will be people here to provide help/advice/reassurance on and in the lead up to the day! Good luck
Thank you for your kind words!
Labrador99
Rep:
?
(Original post by JonNiels18)
Ok, here goes:

Nat 5 Chemistry: A
Nat 5 English: No Award (the exam was well shite)
Nat 5 French: A
Nat 5 History: D
Nat 5 Mandarin Sinplified: A
Nat 5 Mathematics: A

I also took two GCSE courses, so I might as well put them here too.

GCSE Art, Craft and Design: 5
GCSE Music: 6

PS. I’m extremely concerned for my English grade considering I got a B in the prelim. My teacher will kill me if I’ve done ****. The pressure of being in top set was awful considering people were getting close to full marks in papers.
:wavey:

Sounds like you're feeling quite mixed about how your exams went, but that's okay!
English is always one that a lot of people feel they have done worse than expected on, so try not to think about it too much- I know a lot of people (myself included) who have been pleasantly surprised by English grades in the past!
Labrador99
Rep:
?
(Original post by StephanieH95120)
Higher Geography - C
Higher History - B / C
Higher Modern Studies - B
Higher Spanish - A / B
N5 Media - B

Aiming for As in Spanish and History ideally, however I’ve never been the most academic regarding History and never achieved higher than a C (bar my higher prelim). Also, the exam was a bit hit and miss so will settle for a B. The Spanish exam on the other hand was amazing, and I feel confident with my talking exam so here’s hoping I get that A!

Geography was okay but I felt my assignment was really poor, so I feel like my grade will drop massively due to that. As long as I pass, I’ll be relieved.

Modern Studies is the one I’d like to perform best in, however again I feel like my assignment could’ve went slightly better. The exam felt much easier though .
That's good to hear you're confident about Spanish and how some of the other exams went, even if you're not sure about the assignments. Remember that the assignments make up a minority of the marks, and it can often be really hard to accurately judge what mark they would get, so try not to think too negatively about those!
Hope you get the results that you want and have worked for, and there will be people here on results day to provide help/advice if you need it
Salenite
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
aaaaaahhh

AH Music - A (Always been strong, listening exam was tough but went fine and practical was great so woo I guess)
H French - A (Another subject I've always been strong in - speaking, reading and listening were lovely)
H Geography - A, B or C (Bombed the subject in the prelim but I put everything into it afterwards, don't want to be too optimistic though!)
H RMPS - A or B (Done well in the subject throughout the year but I feel I may have been a bit weaker in the exam)

Likeliest outcome is AABB, best outcome is AAAA and worst outcome is AABC.

I only need a B in any Higher to get into Glasgow, I'm pretty much safe but I still want to do well Also just want to say that I thought I may have failed English at N5 and Higher but I ended up with 2 band 1 A's, examiners tend to be more generous so don't worry too much about English
LeastWolf
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Sounds like you feel you have done really well, which is great! Whether you get 8As, or you get some As and some Bs, it'd still be a great set of grades that you'd be looking at!
Hope you get what you'd aimed for though
Thanks, that's really nice of you!
JonNiels18
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
:wavey:

Sounds like you're feeling quite mixed about how your exams went, but that's okay!
English is always one that a lot of people feel they have done worse than expected on, so try not to think about it too much- I know a lot of people (myself included) who have been pleasantly surprised by English grades in the past!
Thanks. As long as I get good grades across the board, I’ll be ok with it. My parents have reassured me that they won’t flip out if I get a bad English result, so that’s some pressure taken off of me.
Labrador99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Salenite)
aaaaaahhh

AH Music - A (Always been strong, listening exam was tough but went fine and practical was great so woo I guess)
H French - A (Another subject I've always been strong in - speaking, reading and listening were lovely)
H Geography - A, B or C (Bombed the subject in the prelim but I put everything into it afterwards, don't want to be too optimistic though!)
H RMPS - A or B (Done well in the subject throughout the year but I feel I may have been a bit weaker in the exam)

Likeliest outcome is AABB, best outcome is AAAA and worst outcome is AABC.

I only need a B in any Higher to get into Glasgow, I'm pretty much safe but I still want to do well Also just want to say that I thought I may have failed English at N5 and Higher but I ended up with 2 band 1 A's, examiners tend to be more generous so don't worry too much about English
Sounds like your exams have went well! Hope you get the results you want on results day!

Do you mind me asking what you're going on to study at uni?
Salenite
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Sounds like your exams have went well! Hope you get the results you want on results day!

Do you mind me asking what you're going on to study at uni?
I'll be studying French Took me multiple tries to find out what I really wanted to study but I eventually got there
Piplup7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Ok so I don’t know how I will get on for sure but I think I will get:

Higher Mathematics - A (I think I am good at Mathematics and I have been getting A’s all year so hopefully I will get an A for the exam)
Higher English - C (English has never been my strong subject at school - especially with learning Death of a Salesman for the play - but I will be delighted with a C if I get it.)
Higher Accounting - A (I would like to be an Accountant when I leave school and I have done well throughout the year so hopefully an A.)
Higher Business Management - A (I crashed Business Management at Higher but I have done really good compared to what I thought I would when I first started.)
Higher Chemistry - C (Even though I have been getting B’s - and occasionally D’s - throughout I feel like I have not done well enough in the Chemistry exam and didn’t know enough about it to get another B.)

Best case scenario is if I somehow manage to get all A’s in my Highers.

Currently I am in doubt of that so now the most likely scenario to me is AAACC.

Worst case scenario is somehow failing all of my Highers.

I really don’t like waiting for results and I get really nervous about them. You never know what’s going to show up in your results! Good luck everyone! 😊
imdyingplzhelp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Highers:
English- A? essay was bad in exam but hopefully coursework and close reading/poetry will bring me up.
Economics - A? hopefully (crashed)
RMPS - A predicted the questions before so should be good. (crashed)
Human Bio - A? hopefully
Maths - wow this has been a journey. I got 15% in my end of course test but attempted to learn the entire course from Easter so want an A but reckon I'll get a B.
I really want 4As and a B so that i can, fingers crossed, get an unconditional to Glasgow. Also looking at PPE at Oxford but very doubtful.

I've been counting down the days since my last exam and i find myself googling the exact amount of hours - I'm going crazy. I just want to know.
Scottish15
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Well done! You've done all the hard work, got through the exams, and now, it's just a case of waiting for those results to come through on the 7th August!

But now that it's only 2 weeks to go (:eek:), what do you think your SQA certificate will say on the day? Post your results predictions in this thread!

Example format...
Required Grades: (if applicable)
BBB at higher and a C in Nat 5 maths for college course

Predictions:
Higher English- B
Higher Music- A
Higher Human Biology- B
Nat 5 Maths- C
Nat 5 French- A

Comments:

Want to discuss results day, or ask some questions? Head over to this thread
Don't want to have huge expectations but I would love good grades

Predictions:
Nat 5 Geography - A/B
Nat 5 Design & Manufacture - A
Nat 5 Spanish - B
Nat 5 Physics - A
Nat 5 English - A/B
Nat 5 Maths - C (praying for a B)
Nat 5 Business Management - A

Comments:

Majority went alright, Maths Paper 1 I found quite hard but I hope Paper 2 marks can push me to a B.
I really enjoy Business so I might look to do something in relation to the Business World particularly Marketing as that was the focus of my assignment.
Ben1245
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Predictions -

Higher Design and Manufacture - A
Higher Grahpic Communication - A/B
Higher English - B
Higher History - B/C
Nat 5 Maths - A/B

Most likely outcome is that I will get ABBC and A for maths and I need BBBB and c for math to get into uni. Do you think I will still get into uni if I get ABBC and and A for math that I will still be accepted to my course?
WestDragon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
My Exam Predictions:

- N5 English: A - Hopefully my folio pieces don't torch my score
- N5 Maths: A - Fairly confident as I feel the exam went well
- N5 Physics: A - hopefully :crossedf:
- N5 Chemistry: A - also fairly confident with this one, not a bad paper at all
- N5 Computing: A - if I don't get this I'm gonna be pretty annoyed with myself
- N5 Business: A - again, not a bad paper at all

This is the dream, of course, is all A's, which I believe is achievable and an accurate enough prediction

Comments:

I found the exams alright, not as bad as I expected and a few decent papers all around. The day's creeping up on us now :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (121)
19.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.32%
No I am happy with my course choice (351)
56.43%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.79%

Watched Threads