The Student Room Group

What GCSEs are you guys taking?

Or a levels/ BTECs. What degrees are you uni students doing?

Scroll to see replies

Year 10: R.S. and History GCSE
Year 11: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, English Literature, English Language, Business, Latin GCSEs
+ FSMQ Additional Maths

I’m going into year 12 this September and I’m studying Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths A-Level.
Reply 2
Original post by bfm.mcdermott
Year 10: R.S. and History GCSE
Year 11: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, English Literature, English Language, Business, Latin GCSEs
+ FSMQ Additional Maths

I’m going into year 12 this September and I’m studying Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths A-Level.

Shoulda picked physics instead of bio XD. Jk but srsly...if you're gunna do maths do physics.
Original post by ibyghee
Shoulda picked physics instead of bio XD. Jk but srsly...if you're gunna do maths do physics.

I really wanted to do physics but I want to be a doctor so I have to so chemistry and biology. And I really want to do further maths, as nerdy as that sounds😂
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by bfm.mcdermott
I really wanted to do physics but I want to be a doctor so I have to so chemistry and biology. And I really want to do further maths, as nerdy as that sounds😂

well you'll still get far with maths. I picked history maths physics in the first year, then realised i was stoopid to pick history, so i dropped history and decided to do further maths. So im doing 2 years in 1.
Only in year 9 but...

English lit, English lang, maths, further maths, chemistry, biology, physics, French, computer science, design technology
Original post by Bill Nye
Only in year 9 but...

English lit, English lang, maths, further maths, chemistry, biology, physics, French, computer science, design technology

I'm in y9 too well going into y10 and doing English lit (a year early-started the course this year ), English lang (just in year 11), maths (started that course too but not taking it earlier), RE (compulsory at my school and already started this course-three year course like maths), double science because I wasn't accepted into triple science cos I'm in set 3 science, and as for the completely optional courses: History, French and Drama as my fun option although to does involve analysis and essay writing which I enjoy as well as study of the theatre and performances and Spanish as an extra-10 GCSES.
Edit: I got a 9 in my English Lit Mock!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Bill Nye
Only in year 9 but...

good luck with your GCSE s xoxo
Original post by Purplemonkeys
Or a levels/ BTECs. What degrees are you uni students doing?

Going into Year 11 in September 2018, doing English Lit & Lang, Maths, Combined Science, R.S, Geography, Computer Science and DT

Also, wondering if any of those going into Y11 have already though about/chosen A-Levels? I’m thinking Maths, Chemistry, Geography and English Lit
Original post by Purplemonkeys
good luck with your GCSE s xoxo

You too :tongue:
Reply 10
i'm doing english lit & lang, biology, chemistry, physics, maths, spanish, history, computer science and business studies (+ polish on the side)
I just finished mine (1 month and 1 day until results day!) and I took: Maths, English Literature, English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, History, Media Studies and Spanish. Pretty good combination for me (though media being an old spec irks me seeming as I'll have 9 numbers and 1 letter lmao)
Original post by samhendrie
Going into Year 11 in September 2018, doing English Lit & Lang, Maths, Combined Science, R.S, Geography, Computer Science and DT

Also, wondering if any of those going into Y11 have already though about/chosen A-Levels? I’m thinking Maths, Chemistry, Geography and English Lit

wow that's a strong mix of a level choices and good GCSEs. I wish you luck going into y11.
Original post by JQOS
I just finished mine (1 month and 1 day until results day!) and I took: Maths, English Literature, English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, History, Media Studies and Spanish. Pretty good combination for me (though media being an old spec irks me seeming as I'll have 9 numbers and 1 letter lmao)

that's sounds like a brilliant combination-good luck for your results! Have you chosen what a levels or other qualifications you're doing yet?
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm going into year eleven in September and I'm doing; English Literature & Language, Maths, Combined Science (Biology, Chemistry & Physics), French, Geography, Media Studies, Fine Art and GCSE PE. Unfortunately French and either Geography or History were compulsory... When we chose ours in year eight, our school was at a temporary site so we couldn't choose Food Tech and didn't have a full time music teacher otherwise I might have changed what I chose.
Original post by getshreked
I'm going into year eleven in September and I'm doing; English Literature & Language, Maths, Combined Science (Biology, Chemistry & Physics), French, Geography, Media Studies, Fine Art and GCSE PE. Unfortunately French and either Geography or History were compulsory... When we chose ours in year eight, our school was at a temporary site so we couldn't choose Food Tech and didn't have a full time music teacher otherwise I might have changed what I chose.

what would you have chosen? And what are you considering for your higher qualifications/ A levels/ BTECS?
I just finished my GCSEs which were English Literature, English Language, Photography, Business Studies, Separate Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Child Development, Maths.

I am going into year 12 and I am going to be studying Biology, Art, English Language and Psychology.
Original post by studytheblurb
I just finished my GCSEs which were English Literature, English Language, Photography, Business Studies, Separate Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Child Development, Maths.

I am going into year 12 and I am going to be studying Biology, Art, English Language and Psychology.

Best of luck for your GCSE results and your A levels!
I might have considered choosing Music but I have no idea what I want to do for A levels. I know it's so soon but our schools relatively new and we're the oldest year group so we haven't got a sixth form yet. The school keep giving us questionnaires on what we want so hopefully I'll know soon 😂
Thank you !!!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest