The Student Room Group

why do people feel so much hatred towards jews and israel?

I just don't understand please explain.
Because they're bullying the Palestinians, stealing their lands and goods, evicting their people, all while the USA defends every action as 'self defense'.
Inb4 this thread turns into a war zone
Because they have broken international UN laws but no developed country seems to care.
Reply 4
Idk, it's wrong, you can hate a government if you want but there's no reason to hate the people.
People that hate on isreal, hate the Israeli government, not the Jewish people in general. Which is perfectly fine. People are allowed to criticize a cruel regime, without being labeled as anti-Semitic.
Original post by Ikhan1
People that hate on isreal, hate the Israeli government, not the Jewish people in general. Which is perfectly fine. People are allowed to criticize a cruel regime, without being labeled as anti-Semitic.

I get this and understand it. But then it is the citizens of Israel who voted for their government presumably on a manifesto of the actions that the government carry out. Surely the citizens of Israel are party to blame in an indirect manner? And to add into the mix, everyone in Israel is a member of the Israeli army.

In recent months the Israeli parliament has passed a law that has declared Israel as a Jewish state. I find this so unbelievably vulgar, especially given the persecution Jews received from Germany which passed a similar law against Jews. I just do not understand the thinking behind such a measure.
Original post by ByEeek
I get this and understand it. But then it is the citizens of Israel who voted for their government presumably on a manifesto of the actions that the government carry out. Surely the citizens of Israel are party to blame in an indirect manner? And to add into the mix, everyone in Israel is a member of the Israeli army.

In recent months the Israeli parliament has passed a law that has declared Israel as a Jewish state. I find this so unbelievably vulgar, especially given the persecution Jews received from Germany which passed a similar law against Jews. I just do not understand the thinking behind such a measure.

I agree with the second part of your response. However, although it is the majority that voted for the Israeli government, they are still not to blame. You ant really blame them for wanting “their own” land. Even if it isn’t theirs. It’s the their terrorist government at fault. Israeli citizens don’t really have a choice on weather or not they want to be apart of the Israeli “defense” force
Original post by Ikhan1
You cant really blame them for wanting “their own” land.

I disagree. I would love my own land with a private beech ideally somewhere in the Mediterranean. But I am not going to club together with my mates and create an army to take someone else's land by force in order to achieve my own dreams. If you want land, there is a price to pay and you have to accept that some land might not be available at any price.
Original post by nikki haley

I just don't understand please explain.

I don't hate Israel, Jews, people from or living in Israel, I just hate what the government is doing and hate how Palestinians aren't helping themselves either.
Original post by Soppphhhie
I don't hate Israel, Jews, people from or living in Israel, I just hate what the government is doing and hate how Palestinians aren't helping themselves either.

I hate what the Israeli government is doing as well. But how exactly is Palestine suppose to help it’s self ? When it does, the people are deemed as terrorists.
Original post by ByEeek
I disagree. I would love my own land with a private beech ideally somewhere in the Mediterranean. But I am not going to club together with my mates and create an army to take someone else's land by force in order to achieve my own dreams. If you want land, there is a price to pay and you have to accept that some land might not be available at any price.

I understand your point, and I fact I think you used a great analogy. But Jews and most Christians believe that the Jewish are “the chosen ones” so, of course they are going to fight for something that they believe in. They believe that Palestinian land is theirs
Original post by Ikhan1
I hate what the Israeli government is doing as well. But how exactly is Palestine suppose to help it’s self ? When it does, the people are deemed as terrorists.

Hamas fired rockets into Israel hitting a school, it done nothing but caused Israel to fire back and it's so obvious Israel holds the power and control, why attempt to p*ss them off? I know it wasn't the Palestians fault and it's all down to military and government, the innocent Israelis and Palestinians don't deserve to be hurt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending