Access to Higher Education Diploma for Radiography

Watch
Luluchum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi!
I want some advice on what Online HE courses I need to be able to get onto a course of Radiography

I work full time and can't make the commitment to go to college, I know I know, 'well how are you going to do an access course' believe me I'll make it work
But I've been working in the NHS recently just on reception and it's made me realise how much I want to go into the health profession

I'm just so lost on what course I should take because there's so many to do with Health and Nursing and what not and I'm just getting stuck and confused with the million options

Thank you to anyone that can help!
Dmhu
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Luluchum)
Hi!
I want some advice on what Online HE courses I need to be able to get onto a course of Radiography

I work full time and can't make the commitment to go to college, I know I know, 'well how are you going to do an access course' believe me I'll make it work
But I've been working in the NHS recently just on reception and it's made me realise how much I want to go into the health profession

I'm just so lost on what course I should take because there's so many to do with Health and Nursing and what not and I'm just getting stuck and confused with the million options

Hi your first point of call could be the admission Tutor at a university you want to apply to, they can give you detailed advice on if a course is suitable or not and how many credits at Distinction and merit you need.
As a rule of thumb if it has Science in the title as opposed to just healthcare it is more likely to be OK

Declaration : I am a radiography lecturer at Bangor
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Luluchum)
Hi!

Hi

I had to chase your post down as i wasnt able to answer at the time.

My advice in respect of access courses is a preference for physical rather than online as the latter can be much more hit and miss.
The other option is A levels.

I would only do online if I was absolutely sure. We can leave that till later.

Can you tell me where you are city/ town?
Can you also tell me if you know which uni courses you wish to study at , will your travel or must it be local? If we know that we can then see what the entrance requirements are.

What they want from the access course will be enough of a hard science component and a health and social care course is unlikely to have that.

A prep for NHS , prep for medicine or general science course will.

I dont think you need to ring admissions straight away as this information is almost certainly on the website.

This is the one for Sheffield Hallam
What you are looking for is how many distinctions and merit credits they want.

• Access - Access to HE Diploma from a QAA recognised Access to HE course in health studies, health science, nursing or another science-based course. Normally we require 15 credits at level 2 and 45 at level 3 of which at least 30 credits should be graded at distinction level. 18 of the level 3 distinction credits must be from science units.

https://www.shu.ac.uk/courses/diagno...aphy/full-time
Ridinghigh95
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi. I have just completed a access to HE healthcare pathway I think it was called? Just because I wanted to do Biology . It was double Biology and single psychology. Everyone on my course wanted do nursing/midwifery/any other healthcare type things. If I had known I could of done a pure science pathway I would of but it was also a. Long drive each day. My access course however has enabled me to take any science related courses that I wanted to do. I’m starting a biology degree at sheff hallam in September. Of course there was some unis that wouldn’t take access but most did and I had 5/5 offers. Some just asked for more distinctions. Just see what the ucas course asks for, and what is on the access course.
Eve Ehanire
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Pls why would u advice physical rather than online ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.54%
I'm not sure (32)
4.38%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (230)
31.46%
I have already dropped out (17)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (353)
48.29%

Watched Threads