The Student Room Group

“Friends”

Okay, so I’m on summer vacation and this obviously gives me and my friends the opportunity to go out and have fun, right? Well I thought as much until recently one of my closest friends has been going out with my other friends and not inviting me at all. I’m at rock bottom and don’t know what to do, I find myself getting jealous and annoyed that they don’t consider me as an option to join them. I get teary-eyed and depressed that they are out having fun and I’m stuck at home watching Netflix by myself. Please, someone give me some advice?
That sucks.
Maybe you can take iniative and propose a plan and ask if they wanna join. Maybe that way they'll consider you. Whatever you do don't force anything and don't ask multiple times.
Reply 2
Do you have someone else to do cool stuff with? Maybe you can split your time between these guys then. Don't put all your eggs in one basket and try to hang out with different people

If it all fails just do something else that is useful, like join a club for example. I recommend bjj, make new friends that you have seperately from your current friends
Nothing you can do except finding people who want to do stuff with you. That's what life is about - finding people you click with.
The alternative is to become an actor who does what he has to do to get the result he wants to get. And that is a *****y alternative.

P.S. This Randy guy knows what hes talking about across a few threads I noticed :biggrin:
(edited 5 years ago)
nah netflix is awesome

you're having way more fun than them for sure

you just don't realize it
Reply 5
You guys have all helped so much and I’ve decided to confront her rather than suffer in silence. If she doesn’t want to hang out anymore, I have alternatives. Thank you all so much, for taking time out of your day to read this, and answer.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply