Dark colored line running down shaft of penis with thickness 1-3 cm

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am a 15 year old male, circumsised recently, never had sex but masturbates once a day. There’s been a dark colored line running down the tip of my penis foreskin to the bottom of the skin. It is smooth, slight wrinkly and shiny, and the skin is thinner than other parts of my penis. The line has a thickness of around 1 cm in the top and it widens to 3 cm then ends at the scrotum. Since I am now circumsised, the line starts off right under the glans of my penis. Sometimes skin peels off the lower (and wider) section of the dark colored line/ patch and it turns red, shiny and sensitive. What do you think it is? Thanks a lot.
JTfoxlove
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
It's not a vein right?

Could be the Perianal Raphe - this is a line of skin that almost looks like a scar, it runs from your bum hole between your legs through your ball sack and stops somewhere on your penis.

I'm taking this from wikipedia as it's late:

The perineal raphe is a visible line or ridge of tissue on the human body that extends from the anus through the perineum. It is found in both males and females, and arises from the fusion of the urogenital folds.
In males, this structure continues through the midline of the scrotum (scrotal raphe) and upwards through the posterior midline aspect of the penis (penile raphe). It also exists deeper through the scrotum where it is called the scrotal septum. It is the result of a fetal developmental phenomenon whereby the scrotum and penis close toward the midline and fuse.[1]

If you're aware of skin falling off and it getting red, shiny and sensitive then I'd talk to a doctor. They can also check to see how you've healed after the circumcision.

If it is part of your perineal raphe (and it may not be) - it's possible that it's getting irritated due to heat and friction.
Yabbi
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Is it anything I should be afraid of?
mpkio2
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Nope. Perfectly normal for most males.
Nobodyshome445
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
I have something similar. It is a long scar on my shaft starting from the circumcision scar and goes about half way down the shaft then curves off to the right. It's not discoloration it is a scar with a raised section about 1-2mm. I dont know what it is and I'm starting to get worried.
Heydhshhsj
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I have a brown line/mark going form the tip of my penis to the bottom it has been there for while now I’m 13 and not circumcised anybody know what it is?
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
This thread is 3 years old, so has been closed

If you want to continue the discussion, the best way to do that is to make a new thread! Or do see your GP for health advice.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (46)
12.23%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (7)
1.86%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (94)
25%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (34)
9.04%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (181)
48.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise