The Student Room Group

URGENT!!! WHAT IS IT ? Solomon Papers

Hey, I am student starting year 12 in September hoping to study mathematics, I was looking on Internet for revision ideas and I keeps coming cross 'Solomon Papers' what are solomon papers? who publish the papers? are they compatible with the national curriculum?.....

I would appreciate very much if you could share with me any background information you know about Solomon Papers?
When it comes to A-levels (and GCSE) there is no "national curriculum", exam boards decide what they put on the specification of each subject. You can find out what exam board you do (by asking the school you decide to go to) and they may have papers with questions tailored to that exam board. But no point thinking about past papers now when you haven't learned content haha
Reply 2
Basically, there are a number of different resources which provide past papers (and more general study materials for A-Level Maths and A-Level further Maths), Solomon is an additional resource which provides past papers that are considered tougher than most past papers and even tougher than the real exam.
Reply 3
Original post by Hedged95
Basically, there are a number of different resources which provide past papers (and more general study materials for A-Level Maths and A-Level further Maths), Solomon is an additional resource which provides past papers that are considered tougher than most past papers and even tougher than the real exam.

Hi, Thanks for bothering

so, do you know who publishes the papers?
Reply 4
Original post by igotohaggerston
When it comes to A-levels (and GCSE) there is no "national curriculum", exam boards decide what they put on the specification of each subject. You can find out what exam board you do (by asking the school you decide to go to) and they may have papers with questions tailored to that exam board. But no point thinking about past papers now when you haven't learned content haha

Firstly, I would like to thank for your reply

Speaking of "National Curriculum" I meant the DFE document outlining what students must learn and all exam boards must include in their spec
Original post by MathsLove
Firstly, I would like to thank for your reply

Speaking of "National Curriculum" I meant the DFE document outlining what students must learn and all exam boards must include in their spec

I'm not familiar with such a document, but I know for a fact that there are some topics covered in some exam boards, which are not covered in others.
Hi, Thanks for bothering

so, do you know who publishes the papers?

The ones I know are aimed at Maths but are for the old specification.

Here is how to get the new ones: http://www.churchillmaths.co.uk/as-and-a-level-products
Reply 7
Original post by Muttley79
The ones I know are aimed at Maths but are for the old specification.

Here is how to get the new ones: http://www.churchillmaths.co.uk/as-and-a-level-products

Thank you very much, I will have a look at it
Thank you very much, I will have a look at it

You can find the old ones on websites but the papers are technically copyright.
Reply 9
I typed in Solomon papers - maths into Google and the first entry was of C1 solomon papers from Phyicsandmathstutor. I don't believe the publisher has produced any papers for the new spec yet but there are tons.
Reply 10
Yes, you are right, it will appear soon as it stated on the owner’s site

Quick Reply

Latest