The Student Room Group

I don't have the energy to revise -- at all!

Now before anyone starts getting onto me saying that I'm lazy and all sorts...that is not the case. I would describe myself as a productive person as I make sure I do my homework the day I receive it or I simply make sure I clean up after myself or make sure i've done all of my chores. However, I noticed that during the run-up to GCSE's and when it came time for me to revise, I simply couldn't. I would always have a routine and make sure my phone is off and I did everything in my power to make sure I had no obvious distractions around me, but I felt so drained every day, or as soon as I saw a piece of material that I had to revise I got so bored that I had to get up every 5 minutes of studying and just take a nap or walk around. At first, I thought this problem was linked to my health and that I was lacking in certain vitamins causing me to be fatigued, but I went to my GP and they said everything was fine. I've also tried different methods of revision such as mindmaps, flashcards or voice notes, but nothing seemed to work. Is there anything you guys would suggest that would help me 'enjoy' revision or prevent me from just giving up. I'm asking now because I'm planning to start my A-Levels soon and I want to get this out of the way now, so I have no problems in the future. Thank you.
Reply 1
It's hard, getting yourself to revise during crunch time
u just gotta find a way that works with u.
What I realised later during my A-Levels is that I am much more productive when I take a nap first. Honestly, I love my sleep. It’s about finding what works for you as opposed to other people on the Internet.

Quick Reply

Latest