Do I have a chance of getting into Durham? Watch

DHdk739
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to study English Literature at Durham University, but my predicted grades are AAA in English Literature, Geography and Religious Studies. I know the entry requirements for my course are A*AA, but has anyone got into Durham to do English Literature with AAA? Would an amazing personal statement make up for that *?
flipper1r
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did not apply for English (I got a place for Classics) but someone in my year got a place at Durham for English lit. From my limited knowledge, English is a highly ccompetitive course, especially at Durham. There is no harm in applying (you get to apply to 5 so it won't matter if you don't get one) but make sure that you would be happy at your other choices in case you get rejected. An amazing personal statement is always a good thing and will definitely help.
aliceaquaspirit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
did you get in?
Stumpy1001
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Im in a similar situation to the OP. I applied to Durham to study Chinese back in October. I am a mature student , dont really have alot of a levels but i do have Chinese HSK level 3 and a load of other qualifications related to my job in IT.

I was fully expecting them to reject me outright , but they seem to taking their time. Either thay havn't even looked at my application yet or they have seen something they like. I'm hoping its the latter.
DHdk739
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by aliceaquaspirit)
did you get in?
I did
QIWirelessCharge
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
A strong personal statement as to why you want to study English Literature, is an approach that can work. That should make up the bulk of the PS, and not extra curricular activity. They want to know you are going to be a high calibre English student because you love the subject, first and foremost.
heartbreaker666
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DHdk739)
I want to study English Literature at Durham University, but my predicted grades are AAA in English Literature, Geography and Religious Studies. I know the entry requirements for my course are A*AA, but has anyone got into Durham to do English Literature with AAA? Would an amazing personal statement make up for that *?
bruh ask a teacher or a counselor why are you asking strangers on the internet
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?