Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello TSM,

So, I have driven a car with my father (Legally) quite a few times now and feel very confident. The only problem is, his car is an automatic. I have also learnt a lot about how to drive manual (Videos, books etc). I had my first real driving lesson not long after my 17th Birthday. It was a 2 hour lesson & didn't feel 100% confident until I started driving.

Since then I have driven my own car with my dad in the passengers, I haven made only one mistake and my driving is tip-top. I can change gears, manoeuvre, stalled once because I didn't know how to hill start (I now know how to). I feel extremely confident with every aspect of driving BUT I have only had one lesson. I honestly feel like if I took my test I would pass, should I have a few more lessons or go balls to the wall and go for it?

Thank you,
    R
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Cxsmo_)
    Hello TSM,

So, I have driven a car with my father (Legally) quite a few times now and feel very confident. The only problem is, his car is an automatic. I have also learnt a lot about how to drive manual (Videos, books etc). I had my first real driving lesson not long after my 17th Birthday. It was a 2 hour lesson & didn't feel 100% confident until I started driving.

Since then I have driven my own car with my dad in the passengers, I haven made only one mistake and my driving is tip-top. I can change gears, manoeuvre, stalled once because I didn't know how to hill start (I now know how to). I feel extremely confident with every aspect of driving BUT I have only had one lesson. I honestly feel like if I took my test I would pass, should I have a few more lessons or go balls to the wall and go for it?

Thank you,
    R
    Get an instructor to give you a mock test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    Get an instructor to give you a mock test?
    So pay for a full lesson and ask if they will give me a mock test?
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Cxsmo_)
    So pay for a full lesson and ask if they will give me a mock test?
    Yeah. Get some recommendations for an independent instructor and ask if they'll be willing to examine you as a mock test.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.