How to prep for year 11?

I’m in set 1 for everything
Wanna get all 7’s in my gsce
How do I revise efficiently in holidays not going anywhere
Original post by rachelleemasalaa

Make good notes if you don’t have them, and if you have any weak areas address them. Other than that though, you should try to relax during the summer. No point in burning yourself out before Year 11 even starts!
Just make sure that you don't feel there are any sections of your year 10 content that you don't feel comfortable with, as you'll be building on this in year 11. Also try and refresh any year 10 work over the summer as it'll make it a lot easier when you come back and revise it for mocks. Seneca Learning or Quizlet quizzes can be good for this...
And if you have any English texts you know you'll be studying next year, may be worth reading them over the summer if you have time. Will give you a good headstart!

So if I was you I’d have a pretty chilled out summer because year 11 is pretty hectic so enjoy your last time of chilling whilst you can. However as the last few weeks of th summer holidays approach and if you start to get bored then begin making some colourful and concise notes. For example, say ‘today I’m going to make notes on the lungs in biology’ and do some lovely notes that you can use in exam season. Don’t overwork because if you rush and make messy notes then you aren’t going to want to use them for revision. :smile:
I started with subjects I loved so in exam season I could power through weaker/hated subjects without stressing that my favourites (A level choices) would slip.

Hey! Also going into year 11 this year and want 8's and 9's in my GCSE! Honestly, im relaxing this summer as mucuh as i can because year 11 is going to be hecticccccc. The only studying i'm doing is homework and french vocab! Try relaxing it will pay off!

Quick Reply

Latest