Mesut Ozil: “I am German when we win, but..' Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Mesut Ozil: “I am German when we win, but I am an immigrant when we lose. Racism should never, ever be accepted.

Nail. On. The. Head.
Randyyy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I dont think that's racism
GlockInmyRari
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Didn't the criticism only start after he posed with Erdogan?

Of course Germans will like you less when you hang out with a dictator. Nothing racist about that.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Err so why does Trump?! get away with it.
RickHendricks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
There's nothing racist about criticizing someone if they take a picture with a dictator.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by RickHendricks)
There's nothing racist about criticizing someone if they take a picture with a dictator.
HE'S the president of Turkey. DO YOU NOT GET THAT.
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Moved to Football.
RickHendricks
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
HE'S the president of Turkey. DO YOU NOT GET THAT.
He's practically a dictator. He gave himself full power of the country. You can deny it all you want, but he is *like* 100% a dictator.
PetrolHead26
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Well he did get scapegoated before as well
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
bobby147
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Like I said on the other thread,why don’t you criticise lothar matthaus for visiting Putin yet you don’t.He gets a free pass and you only criticise Özil.Such bias.
RickHendricks
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by bobby147)
Like I said on the other thread,why don’t you criticise lothar matthaus for visiting Putin yet you don’t.He gets a free pass and you only criticise Özil.Such bias.
Ozil is known more than Lothar. Obviously I would criticize him too but he's not on the spotlight now is he?
TaintedLight
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I get the feeling all these sympathizers from the Ozil camp are blatant trolls trying to drum up the racism card.
Randyyy
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
He's practically a dictator. He gave himself full power of the country. You can deny it all you want, but he is *like* 100% a dictator.
The people wanted him to be lol
yusyus
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Ozil is known more than Lothar. Obviously I would criticize him too but he's not on the spotlight now is he?
connor mcgregor also took a photo with putin though right?
Hiasgul
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Randyyy)
I dont think that's racism
Racism- the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

That’s literaly racism! When he loses he’s seen as inferior because he’s an immigrant.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Same applies to "I am I British when I win and [insert other nationality] when I lose" in this country.
dddd1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
ffs how can a democraticly elected person be named dictator. There was an attempt by the turkish army to make it into a dictatorship. Just because he looks out for the interests of his people and doesnt give into the west, suddenly makes him the bad guy? Its so depressing to think that the media has a complete hold on to your mind and you dont even ****ing realise.
I bet you see USA as the angel battling for peace. smh

btw he got the powers cause the turkish people decided to, albeit by scrapping it. A win is a win.
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by dddd1)
ffs how can a democraticly elected person be named dictator. There was an attempt by the turkish army to make it into a dictatorship. Just because he looks out for the interests of his people and doesnt give into the west, suddenly makes him the bad guy? Its so depressing to think that the media has a complete hold on to the minds and you dont even ****ing realise.
I bet you see USA as the angel battling for peace. smh
Would you think that Assad is a dictator? I mean he’s democratically wllecwted as well but look at Syria now. Erdogan may not be a dictator but he is showing signs of acting like one. Lol, we know USA isn’t all about peace anymore. At least Trump isn’t turning the country into some authoritarian state.
rimstone
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by ProRoadman)
Would you think that Assad is a dictator? I mean he’s democratically wllecwted as well but look at Syria now. Erdogan may not be a dictator but he is showing signs of acting like one. Lol, we know USA isn’t all about peace anymore. At least Trump isn’t turning the country into some authoritarian state.
mate how are you comparing turkey to syria ? ..... Turkey has been a secular country that aimed in advancing ( MOSTLY WESTERNIZING, getting rid fo arabic as the thr written lang, banning hijabs for more traditional turkish cloth ect ect ) since its birth after the WW1; somewhat due to attaturk and his leadership , syria was a part the french invested into the ottoman empire so they got that and, which eventually turned into a dictatorship, where the people thought they weren't represented since most in syria were sunni and assad was another branch or another part of islam , idk, its retarded eitherway; they turned a functional country into what for BS reasons in syria. But overal trying to compare syria and turkey is a joke tbh, they had vastly different historys and actions.

I havent kepyt up to erdogan tbh, so idk is hes dont something recently, but what is the wests/germanies problem here ? ( tbf atleast turkey isnt a weak joke, and isnt gonna be invaded by the west( saying that syria had one of the most modern armies for the middle east at the time of 2012 and look at it now ... ), since we dont like him , and we wanna spread FREEDOM again )
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by rimstone)
mate how are you comparing turkey to syria ? ..... Turkey has been a secular country that aimed in advancing ( MOSTLY WESTERNIZING, getting rid fo arabic as the thr written lang, banning hijabs for more traditional turkish cloth ect ect ) since its birth after the WW1; somewhat due to attaturk and his leadership , syria was a part the french invested into the ottoman empire so they got that and, which eventually turned into a dictatorship, where the people thought they weren't represented since most in syria were sunni and assad was another branch or another part of islam , idk, its retarded eitherway. But overa trying to compare syria and turkey is a joke tbh, they had vastly different historys and actions.

I havent kepyt up to erdogan tbh, so idk is hes dont something recently, but what is the wests/germanies problem here ? ( tbf atleast turkey isnt a weak joke, and isnt gonna invaded by the west( saying that syria had one of the most modern armies for the middle east at the time of 2012 and look at it now ... ), since we dont like him , and we wanna spread FREEDOM again )
Turkey has been going some worrying changes. The Kurds being killed or captured. The attempted coup and the new law that gives the president even greater powers. Including controlling the economy and cracking down on any person who dare to critique him. I mean why are teachers being arrested?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (150)
17.71%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.85%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.15%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise