The Student Room Group

Opinions on a weird experience

Over the weekend I was visiting an old colleague, now close friend who had moved away with work, we went for a few drinks, at around 11pm we moved on to another bar and bumped into some work colleagues from her new office (We work for a global corporate) who were out celebrating some one leaving! I did not know anyone there so my friend started introducing me. A guy arrived shortly after and people welcome him to the group saying hello, hi etc, so looked his way and said hello, he then looked me dead in the eyes and said loud enough for the whole group to hear ‘why is she looking at me like a piece of meat?’ meaning me.

At the time I laughed it off, but now I am home I feel awful about the experience. He is a lot older that me and in a much more senior position at work. Please let me know your thoughts.

Worth noting - I am newly married and extremely happy and do not believe I give off vibes that says I am out on the pull.
Original post by Anonymous
Over the weekend I was visiting an old colleague, now close friend who had moved away with work, we went for a few drinks, at around 11pm we moved on to another bar and bumped into some work colleagues from her new office (We work for a global corporate) who were out celebrating some one leaving! I did not know anyone there so my friend started introducing me. A guy arrived shortly after and people welcome him to the group saying hello, hi etc, so looked his way and said hello, he then looked me dead in the eyes and said loud enough for the whole group to hear ‘why is she looking at me like a piece of meat?’ meaning me.

At the time I laughed it off, but now I am home I feel awful about the experience. He is a lot older that me and in a much more senior position at work. Please let me know your thoughts.

Worth noting - I am newly married and extremely happy and do not believe I give off vibes that says I am out on the pull.

If you’re extremely happy with your spouse, then it’s probably just that guy’s interpretation. There’s no reason you should feel awful about it
Sounds like one of those guys who likes to think they're funny when they're actually just a bit embarrassing
it's not your fault.... the guy is a twannock
Lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending