The Student Room Group

How do I revise for Geography in general

Hey guys
So this summer I want to be productive, but also not stress myself out too much as I am going into year 11 in september. I usually revise geography when I have a test coming up, and I don't really think this is effective as I am not making much progress.
How can I revise geography generally, in a productive way
Thanks xx
Reply 1
I just finished my geography gcse and the only way that worked for me was to make flash cards. Id add little diagrams so stuff stuck in my head like the plate margins for example. I put keywords in a different colour to the rest of my writing so they stood out to me and made them all pretty really so I could actually enjoy revising, as hard as that is to believe. Hope any of that helped. Good luck and stay motivated x
Agree on flashcards, and I also think that mindmaps can be good for Geography. And if you can find someone to study with it's really useful to 'teach' them a topic as then means you actually fully understand it.
It's also worth trying out revision sites and seeing if they work for you. Seneca Learning is what I find best, but there are also TAssomai, Quizlet etc. Give each a go and see which you find best!
Reply 3
use different colours on different components of the course when doing flashcards/mindmaps. it has helped me

Quick Reply

Latest