The Student Room Group

Euthanasia Debate, (plus some thoughts from 'Made in Abyss'... so spoilers)

I've never really been able to hold an opinion on what kind of laws should be in place for euthanasia- i.e, should it be banned or allow people go through with it. However, I recently watched episode 13 of Made in Abyss (spoilers upcoming by the way) and

Spoiler

- the whole scene suddenly clicked for me, and I think that euthanasia definitely shouldn't be completely banned.

Some ways in which this stems to real life is that (from what I saw) Mitty never stated to Nanachi that she wanted to die, Nanachi sort of just seemed to know (or have a correct educated-guess). And to the idea that Mitty could still live for a long time but her quality of life couldn't really be worse. Mitty would never actually die on her own, so was Nanachi's decision a good opportunity for her?

TLDR:
1- Should we allow euthanasia? And to what extent?
2- And for those who've watched made in abyss ep 13, did anyone else have any revelations on euthanasia from what happened to Mitty, or was it just me?

Discuss:
Reply 1
why do we put an animal out of its suffering but not a person, the animal seems to have more compassion shown to it.
I fully believe it should be allowed, however it should be strictly regulated.
And as far as I see it, we already sort of do. if you ask for a no resuscitation order the doctors will allow you to die despite knowing they could save you, a passive euthanasia so to speak.
I have seen a family friend die horrifically from cancer and I wouldn't wish the pain, suffering and drug addled ending that she had on anyone. yes life is precious, but so is death and you should be allowed to have a "good" death if you so wish, in such circumstances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending