Euthanasia Debate, (plus some thoughts from 'Made in Abyss'... so spoilers)

Watch
BlueSakura
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've never really been able to hold an opinion on what kind of laws should be in place for euthanasia- i.e, should it be banned or allow people go through with it. However, I recently watched episode 13 of Made in Abyss (spoilers upcoming by the way) and
Spoiler:
Show

Nanachi's choice to kill Mitty

- the whole scene suddenly clicked for me, and I think that euthanasia definitely shouldn't be completely banned.

Some ways in which this stems to real life is that (from what I saw) Mitty never stated to Nanachi that she wanted to die, Nanachi sort of just seemed to know (or have a correct educated-guess). And to the idea that Mitty could still live for a long time but her quality of life couldn't really be worse. Mitty would never actually die on her own, so was Nanachi's decision a good opportunity for her?

TLDR:
1- Should we allow euthanasia? And to what extent?
2- And for those who've watched made in abyss ep 13, did anyone else have any revelations on euthanasia from what happened to Mitty, or was it just me?

Discuss:
bhawk
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
why do we put an animal out of its suffering but not a person, the animal seems to have more compassion shown to it.
I fully believe it should be allowed, however it should be strictly regulated.
And as far as I see it, we already sort of do. if you ask for a no resuscitation order the doctors will allow you to die despite knowing they could save you, a passive euthanasia so to speak.
I have seen a family friend die horrifically from cancer and I wouldn't wish the pain, suffering and drug addled ending that she had on anyone. yes life is precious, but so is death and you should be allowed to have a "good" death if you so wish, in such circumstances.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (29)
6.89%
October 2021 (194)
46.08%
November 2021 (43)
10.21%
December 2021 (56)
13.3%
January 2021 (46)
10.93%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (39)
9.26%