failing due to illness but don't want to take a gap year Watch

username4180670
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have never failed an exam in my life but now I am failing due to illness. I don't know what other college will take me in with UUC. I am capable of getting good grades at A level because I used to get As. I am fuming right now. I don't want to do btec as it will stress me out, A level wasnt stressing me out, I was fine before I got ill. I don't want to take a gap because I will find it very hard to adjust to school life again and I will have to repeat year 12 and I will be 2 years behind and I know if i go back next year I will keep failing due to illness. By the time I leave i will be 20. Its so annoying! I want to do a level. What should I do?
SkyRunner61
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by fail12)
I have never failed an exam in my life but now I am failing due to illness. I don't know what other college will take me in with UUC. I am capable of getting good grades at A level because I used to get As. I am fuming right now. I don't want to do btec as it will stress me out, A level wasnt stressing me out, I was fine before I got ill. I don't want to take a gap because I will find it very hard to adjust to school life again and I will have to repeat year 12 and I will be 2 years behind and I know if i go back next year I will keep failing due to illness. By the time I leave i will be 20. Its so annoying! I want to do a level. What should I do?
Unfortunately, I think that you would be forced to take a gap year to improve your grades. Rather than retaking the whole of sixth form, you could always just sit your A Levels as an independent candidate depending on what A Levels you took
username4180670
Rep:
?
I was thinking about taking a gap year at 17 to focus on my health and then going back to do A levels.
username4180670
Rep:
?
(Original post by SkyRunner61)
Unfortunately, I think that you would be forced to take a gap year to improve your grades. Rather than retaking the whole of sixth form, you could always just sit your A Levels as an independent candidate depending on what A Levels you took
I come from a working class family so we don't have money to pay for exams.
username4180670
Rep:
?
If I am over 18 and I am still at college will I have to pay for my education?
TSR Mustafa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If your illness is short term , then i'd suggest dealing it with it first and restarting your AS
SkyRunner61
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by fail12)
I was thinking about taking a gap year at 17 to focus on my health and then going back to do A levels.
If that’s the right move for your health, then that’s what you should do. I guess you could try redoing Y12 instead of taking the gap year, and then if that doesn’t work then ask to repeat Y12 again if they’ll let you
username4180670
Rep:
?
I don't know whether its long term or short term, doctors can't diagnose me. I'm scared that if i do take a gap year and this illness is long term then the gap would be a waste of time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (57)
67.06%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.18%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.76%

Watched Threads