My Friend keeps passing out/ falling asleep.

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So my friend's bf told me this, she will be sitting on the couch and 30 seconds later he hears her snoring, he told me as well he was kissing her once, her eyes rolled back and she fell asleep, and collapsed. he's taken her to the doctor, and they tested her for narcolepsy, it came back negative. it only seems to happen when she sit's down or falls asleep and she immediately goes into a deep sleep. i'm worried for her and so is he i wanna know whats going on.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i forgot to mention it came back negative for seizures as well.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So my friend's bf told me this, she will be sitting on the couch and 30 seconds later he hears her snoring, he told me as well he was kissing her once, her eyes rolled back and she fell asleep, and collapsed. he's taken her to the doctor, and they tested her for narcolepsy, it came back negative. it only seems to happen when she sit's down or falls asleep and she immediately goes into a deep sleep. i'm worried for her and so is he i wanna know whats going on.
What sort of investigations have they done? Have they looked for sleep apnoea - snoring and excessive daytime somnolence = pretty much the first thing that I think of. Narcolepsy is pretty rare.

As I have said on the health forum before: bear in mind that no doctor should give you a diagnosis on here with limited information. If you wanted further information / investigations you should get your friend to take her to the GP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (31)
27.68%
Take a gap year (17)
15.18%
Resit my exams (30)
26.79%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (17)
15.18%
I don't know yet (12)
10.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
4.46%

Watched Threads