Should I throw all my AS level stuff away?

Watch
username4180670
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have a drawer full of AS level things and I failed my exams because of illness and I got UUC so I might need to take a gap year to focus on my health and then redo year 12 or I might consider dropping out of education altogether at 17. If I do end up repeating year 12 or dropping out then there is no point keeping the stuff I got at home right now is there?
howitoughttobe
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fail12)
I have a drawer full of AS level things and I failed my exams because of illness and I got UUC so I might need to take a gap year to focus on my health and then redo year 12 or I might consider dropping out of education altogether at 17. If I do end up repeating year 12 or dropping out then there is no point keeping the stuff I got at home right now is there?
You can't drop out of education until you're 18. Also if you're thinking of redoing Year 12 why are you throwing the stuff out? It might be useful when you redo the year.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you might redo the year then keep the stuff as it'll probably come in handy and be useful to you. Only get rid when you know you definitely aren't going to redo or after you've finished your studies.
username4180670
Rep:
?
(Original post by howitoughttobe)
You can't drop out of education until you're 18. Also if you're thinking of redoing Year 12 why are you throwing the stuff out? It might be useful when you redo the year.
I got 7 months until I turn 18. I was thinking about taking a gap year at least to focus on my health because If I go back and repeat year 12 I will fail again due to illness. I need time out to get better and then I can go back and repeat year 12. Also I was thinking about throwing all my stuff out because I will have twice as much in my drawer for no reason and it will be the same thing. Can I at least take a gap year?
howitoughttobe
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got 7 months until I turn 18. I was thinking about taking a gap year at least to focus on my health because If I go back and repeat year 12 I will fail again due to illness. I need time out to get better and then I can go back and repeat year 12. Also I was thinking about throwing all my stuff out because I will have twice as much in my drawer for no reason and it will be the same thing.
Will you redo the year at the same school? Cause if not then it won't be the same thing.
username4180670
Rep:
?
(Original post by howitoughttobe)
Will you redo the year at the same school? Cause if not then it won't be the same thing.
I will have to look for another school that does the same exam board or if I don't find another college then it is fine. I was thinking about giving a doctors note saying why I failed and why I need a break from my studies and i can try and see whether they will allow me back after a year to repeat year 12. I really don't want to leave my college, I have become really settled there. I don't know what other college will accept me with UUC
New- Emperor
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would not recommend it if you do decide to go back it may be useful to look back at your notes and stuff when revising for your exams and suchlike if you decide not to go back at all then chuck it but thino hard befor you do.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you need to take a year out to get well then do it.
Although you may not be well enough to succeed at college next year that doesn't mean you shouldn't do any private study so that when you do go back to education you are in good shape to restart. Use those AS resources when you are able to revise the work you covered this year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (92)
28.4%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (121)
37.35%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.58%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.4%

Watched Threads