not yet done my gcses! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Stuart Dashwood
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
hey!

ive just chosen my subjects for my gsces and already im learning all the information from my
previous school years as we were told to satart doing. this is putting a really bad strain on the
rest of my work (and revision, summer exams are in two weeks!) and i am getting really depressed
about doing them. is this usual? have other people freaked out about the work they have to do for
their gcses before they have done them? can anyone help me?!!!

thanx from a humble yr 9er rachel
Rachel
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Hiya Rach, meet another Rach We never got told to do that for our GCSE's. You only need to know
what you get taught in the 2 year course. Don't stress out ok Rachel

"Stuart Dashwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]| hey![/q1]
[q1]|[/q1]
[q1]| ive just chosen my subjects for my gsces and already im learning all the information from my[/q1]
[q1]| previous school years as we were told to satart doing. this is putting a really bad strain on the[/q1]
[q1]| rest of my work (and revision, summer exams are in two weeks!) and i am getting really depressed[/q1]
[q1]| about doing them. is this usual? have other people freaked out about the work[/q1]
they
[q1]| have to do for their gcses before they have done them? can anyone help me?!!![/q1]
[q1]|[/q1]
[q1]| thanx from a humble yr 9er rachel[/q1]
[q1]|[/q1]
[q1]|[/q1]
Eva
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Dont worry bout it yet.. spend ur summer having fun... it will b ur last free summer 4 a while!!!!
"Rachel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> Hiya Rach, meet another Rach We never got told to do that for our GCSE's. You only need to[/q1]
[q1]> know what[/q1]
you
[q1]> get taught in the 2 year course. Don't stress out ok Rachel[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> "Stuart Dashwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q1]> | hey![/q1]
[q1]> |[/q1]
[q1]> | ive just chosen my subjects for my gsces and already im learning all the information from my[/q1]
[q1]> | previous school years as we were told to satart[/q1]
doing.
[q1]> | this is putting a really bad strain on the rest of my work (and[/q1]
revision,
[q1]> | summer exams are in two weeks!) and i am getting really depressed about doing them. is this[/q1]
[q1]> | usual? have other people freaked out about the work[/q1]
[q1]> they[/q1]
[q1]> | have to do for their gcses before they have done them? can anyone help me?!!![/q1]
[q1]> |[/q1]
[q1]> | thanx from a humble yr 9er rachel[/q1]
[q1]> |[/q1]
[q1]> |[/q1]
The Technical M
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Stuart Dashwood wrote:

[q1]> hey![/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> ive just chosen my subjects for my gsces and already im learning all the information from my[/q1]
[q1]> previous school years as we were told to satart doing. this is putting a really bad strain on the[/q1]
[q1]> rest of my work (and revision, summer exams are in two weeks!) and i am getting really depressed[/q1]
[q1]> about doing them. is this usual?[/q1]

I was extremely depressed over the exams at the end of year 9 when I was at school. There were lots
of subjects to learn and the school wanted good results in the subjects that were to be dropped.
There was a school rule where if a single subject was failed then year 9 would have to be repeated
even if the student did not plan on taking this subject to GCSE level.

[q1]> have other people freaked out about the work they have to do for their gcses before they have done[/q1]
[q1]> them? can anyone help me?!!![/q1]

I found years 10 and 11 a lot easier than year 9. I was doing my choice of subjects and had plenty
of time to study and revise. When the time came for my GCSE exams at the end of year 11 I was not
worried or particularly stressed out. Back then there was less coursework and most marks were gained
from exams. I think with the coursework oriented GCSEs of today more overall time is consumed and
stress levels are increased.

[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> thanx from a humble yr 9er rachel[/q1]
The Technical M
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
EVa wrote:

[q1]> Dont worry bout it yet.. spend ur summer having fun... it will b ur last free summer 4 a while!!!![/q1]

True. The summer at the end of year 9 is all yours. At the end of year 10 the summer is best spent
doing a bit of revision and planning ahead for coursework and similar things.

[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> "Rachel" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q1]
[q1]> news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q2]> > Hiya Rach, meet another Rach We never got told to do that for our GCSE's. You only need to[/q2]
[q2]> > know what[/q2]
[q1]> you[/q1]
[q2]> > get taught in the 2 year course. Don't stress out ok Rachel[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > "Stuart Dashwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q2]
[q2]> > news:[email protected]...[/q2]
[q2]> > | hey![/q2]
[q2]> > |[/q2]
[q2]> > | ive just chosen my subjects for my gsces and already im learning all the information from my[/q2]
[q2]> > | previous school years as we were told to satart[/q2]
[q1]> doing.[/q1]
[q2]> > | this is putting a really bad strain on the rest of my work (and[/q2]
[q1]> revision,[/q1]
[q2]> > | summer exams are in two weeks!) and i am getting really depressed about doing them. is this[/q2]
[q2]> > | usual? have other people freaked out about the work[/q2]
[q2]> > they[/q2]
[q2]> > | have to do for their gcses before they have done them? can anyone help me?!!![/q2]
[q2]> > |[/q2]
[q2]> > | thanx from a humble yr 9er rachel[/q2]
[q2]> > |[/q2]
[q2]> > |[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
loon
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
if you're doing food tech, don't bother with the coursework.
people in my class handed in two sides of A3 after about 6 months of "work" and got the same A* that the rest of us got. and i doubt the written exam was their forte. cookery coursework is the most stressful thing i have ever experienced, and thats the gods honest truth.
Anne-Marie
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
hi Rachel!
I'm in Year 10! Dispite what your teachers tell you-you doin't need any of the stuff you have done in lower school! GCSEs are horrible but they're over in just two years! DOn't fret!
luv Anne-Marie xx
Dust
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
Hi

like the others have mentioned u reallyt dotn need the stuff from b4
although it does help to have soem sorta knowledge
but nuffin to stress bout
i guess i was pretty worried
cuz i went on a pretty long holiday during school time
while i was in lower sch
snd i missed a lot of stuff
but i caught up its not too difficult

howeva like all thins theres gonna be some stress invloved
it is after all GCSEs
expected
just take things at a time
dont get too wrked up on anything
and once u get the coursewrk
rather than lookign at reverythign u have to do
jsut take a thign at sa time and get down to it

also teachers eva since yr 9
sorta stressed the blance between yr social and education time
i was hardly listening
but that was mst prolly the most important and bemneficial adivse those teachers gave moi
honestly its difficult
but once u got the balance
u can pass those exams without a worry

good luck for next yr!!!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (32)
17.88%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (27)
15.08%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (39)
21.79%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (65)
36.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (6)
3.35%
No particular grades needed (10)
5.59%