The Student Room Group

feminism

I know this is a controversial topic but I generally want to know what your views of feminism are. I believe it has been tainted by sexism against males and ignorance of those who are any gender other than male or female or non binary people. It used to be a good thing-males and females are equal- but people perceive it as female dominance and males feel persecuted because of this; it's been taken too far. However, I believe in equality for everybody because your words, actions, thoughts, personality and decisions matter more and every one of every gender, race or class should get equal opportunities unless they have done something morally wrong, such as a severe crime or something that has upset someone else etc. For anyone who is a religious Christian or anyone who disagrees with me, God loves everyone equally, or any God you believe in. I believe in males, females, and people who are non binary or of any other gender should have equal rights until what they do or say suggests they shouldn't. I think it should be called equalitism because it should be about equality, not about female dominance or victimising ourselves, and we should empower everyone, not just females. However, I understand that in several countries (such as Saudis Arabia) women are wrongly persecuted and this is not right-they've only just been able to drive cars. I believe feminism should be perceived as about everybody, because that's what it is, only perhaps it should be renamed.
I'm interested to see your views on this. What do you think?
Pls no trolling or bullying.
Thanks
Purple monkeys xoxo

Scroll to see replies

Feminism is rubbish
Also I'm sorry if anything I' have said has offended anybody from any religious, cultural or lgbt background. I believe in equality for those who deserve it and I'm sorry if my views offend people because that is not what I intend, or if my views don't align with yours. Thanks for acknowledging this.
Original post by Anonymous
Feminism is rubbish

What type of feminsism? The sexist one against men and purely focused on females and not anyone who doesn't identify as male or female or who identifies as both? Or the one that gives people equality unless they have done something that warranted these rights being taken away from them?
The Road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Feminism has been so corrupted by political correctness, outrage culture, irrelevant politics and personal grudges that the good feminists are indistuingishable from so called 'activists' that just like to complain.
It’s all a load of nonsense
Original post by Pantera Fan Club
The Road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Feminism has been so corrupted by political correctness, outrage culture, irrelevant politics and personal grudges that the good feminists are indistuingishable from so called 'activists' that just like to complain.

That's so true as some so-called 'feminists' take offense or anything and want female domination. Of course, I don't mean to offend anyone saying that but some will find something and be offended, and this is not where the heart of true feminism lies.
Original post by Tommy Vercetti
It’s all a load of nonsense

Why so? Which version-the female domination version or the rights for all version? You can't say that and not elucidate on it.
Original post by Purplemonkeys
That's so true as some so-called 'feminists' take offense or anything and want female domination. Of course, I don't mean to offend anyone saying that but some will find something and be offended, and this is not where the heart of true feminism lies.

No one cares about how 'offensive' you think you might be being right now. The media just want something to write about to bring back their newspaper readership, and the bad feminists just want something to complain about. It's not offensive at all to criticise corrupted feminism.
I believe in equality end of. I don’t see the need to label myself or be a certain category of people. I believed be in not judging people, helping people, and treating everyone the same.
Why so? Which version-the female domination version or the rights for all version? You can't say that and not elucidate on it.

Especially modern feminism. A lot of the reasons they give are not true or very misleading. They also think the term feminism is about women when it should be about equality. They’re also very childish in the way they attempt to get their points across, and are very easy to trigger. It’s a shame feminists these days are very ill informed and think that the term is just about them.
I believe in equality end of. I don’t see the need to label myself or be a certain category of people. I believed be in not judging people, helping people, and treating everyone the same.

I also believe in equality only I do label myself and maybe that's my problem
Reply 12

sorry to interrupt your thread but I had a question. I see the idea that feminism has become a man-hating cult a lot when talking about the issue but have personally never heard/seen (of) it. Do you think you could give me some links or something where a large enough amount of "feminists" showed hatred for men or something like that? Genuinely interrested not really here to argue or anything
Especially modern feminism. A lot of the reasons they give are not true or very misleading. They also think the term feminism is about women when it should be about equality. They’re also very childish in the way they attempt to get their points across, and are very easy to trigger. It’s a shame feminists these days are very ill informed and think that the term is just about them.

that's what I hate but I'm all for equality

for example Emma Watson is a great and true feminist
I'm a female and I sometimes think it goes a bit too far lmao
Reply 16
feminism shouldn't exist, it should simply be "equality" nothing more, nothing less
Original post by bhawk
feminism shouldn't exist, it should simply be "equality" nothing more, nothing less

That is a very good point you make
I'm a female and I sometimes think it goes a bit too far lmao

Yeah it goes past equality and turns into gender domination which is wrong but in saying that the true roots of feminism should be stuck with and that feminism should be about equality
Reply 19
Yeah it goes past equality and turns into gender domination which is wrong but in saying that the true roots of feminism should be stuck with and that feminism should be about equality

can you actually provide some examples or is this all just stuff you have heard? And I mean examples where there are a lot of feminists supporting men-hating ideas.

Quick Reply

Latest