Do you listen to podcasts? Watch

Vic Vinegar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I saw this article on the BBC that says that a lot more people are now listening to podcasts, and that the Love Island podcast is attracting an audience (young people) that a lot of mainstream producers have traditionally failed to.

Do you listen to any music-based podcasts? Or any podcasts in general? What would you recommend to someone who doesn't listen to any at the moment?
solark
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Naked Scientists is an excellent podcast, I think new episodes come out on a weekly basis
ساره
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I watch no jumper sometimes
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No I don't listen to them.
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 1 year ago
yes - i'm obsessed. i can't leave the house without my podcasts and i listen to all kinds of stuff: politics, comedy, self-help, religious, law stuff, true crime just to name a few.

obviously Serial season 1 is the best podcast of all time, but maybe a newcomer shouldn't start from the top. lately i've been listening to Real Time with Bill Maher, Armchair Expert (Dax Shepard), Oprah Super Soul, Freakonomics, and others.
Curious Orange
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Beef and Dairy Network podcast is a recent comedy obsession of mine, otherwise there are plenty of more serious, topical, newsy ones out there - Caliphate is fascinating stuff, and S-Town really draws you in (although is more of a character study).
airfixfighter
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I love All Killa No Filla - serial killer podcast by two British comedians (Rachel Fairburn and Kiri Pritchard-Maclean) - usually just turns into them chatting crap. Aaaaand My Favourite Murder - American serial killer podcast by two women (notice a theme?).

I've very recently started listening to Why Won't You Date Me? by Nicole Byers (American comedian that presents Nailed It on Netflix) and it's pretty hilarious and cringey.

I'm more about chatty podcasts - I don't really feel serious ones. I listened to series 1 of Serial and it just infuriated me!
Vic Vinegar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Curious Orange)
Beef and Dairy Network podcast is a recent comedy obsession of mine, otherwise there are plenty of more serious, topical, newsy ones out there - Caliphate is fascinating stuff, and S-Town really draws you in (although is more of a character study).
Damn, these sound so interesting - gunna check them out!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
Yes. Not as much as I should, but yes, its just radio. Mostly sports and entertainment ones. If Im at home i tend to watch certain youtube podcasts.
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah, Hello Internet. It's a conversation-type podcast between the Youtubers CGP Grey and Brady Haran. Brady Haran runs the Numberphile, Objectivity, Computerphile, Periodic Videos, Bibledex, DeepSkyVideos, NottinghamScience channels (and one that I'm probably forgetting). They talk about all kinds of things - youtube, science, technology, their videos (usually Grey's videos because they only come out every couple months). Sometimes it's actually pretty funny.

This here is one of my favourite episodes.
username3917068
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, I tend to listen to podcasts that bear relevance to my major, it's almost like wider reading except that you can multitask while listening.

I particularly enjoy listening to them on the treadmill or when I go for a run, makes the time go by faster and you feel more productive.
iamElectro
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I listen to the H3H3 E X P E R I E N C E *lighting*
student2six
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Podcasts are amazing. It’s like a new technological revolution: even though the technology has been around for some time, the demand hasn’t been there until recently. Most people can read, most can write but everyone can listen.

Joe Rogan does some great light-hearted podcasts; my favourite are the ones with Joey “coco” Diaz as a guest - he’s nuts in the best possible way.

For more serious discussions, I’ve been listening to Jordan Peterson for the last 18 months or so. The way he articulates his ideas can be difficult to understand at first and i often find myself pausing halfway through because it can all get a bit much (though that’s probably my lack of intellect more than anything).
GeoJones94
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've recently started listening to some podcasts- one of my particular favourites is "Talk is Jericho" by the wrestler/musician Chris Jericho which covers all sorts from wrestling music to things like urban legends and paranormal activity (not the films lol). As mentioned above, Joe Rogan's podcast is pretty good and covers a wide variety of things although sometimes I find them a little too long.
Castro Saint
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I listen to Joe Rogan, No Jumper, The True Geordie and Scroobius Pip's podcasts.
SuperHuman98
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I watch the Joe Rogan ones on YouTube
username4197586
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not really tbh. I used to listen to Lewis Spears’ podcast - which is really good btw - but honestly I’d rather listen to music or watch a video .
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This Past Weekend by Theo Von and Tiger Belly by Bobby Lee. Two I watch at the mo. Watch h3h3 if they have a good guest.

Coco Diaz is a bit of a bore on his own podcast, for some reason; too much of speaking in a low voice and saying "ya know, when I started out ..." Rogan is a pseudo-intellectual who eats too much elk; good guest and I might have a look.

Don't generally watch them though, on account of The Daily Mash. "PODCASTS are not listened to outside London because people there have friends, research has discovered."
student2six
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
This Past Weekend by Theo Von and Tiger Belly by Bobby Lee. Two I watch at the mo. Watch h3h3 if they have a good guest.

Coco Diaz is a bit of a bore on his own podcast, for some reason; too much of speaking in a low voice and saying "ya know, when I started out ..." Rogan is a pseudo-intellectual who eats too much elk; good guest and I might have a look.

Don't generally watch them though, on account of The Daily Mash. "PODCASTS are not listened to outside London because people there have friends, research has discovered."
Pseudo-intellect who eats too much elk 😂😂

I don’t think Joe Rogan is trying to be anything that he isn’t. He’s just a normal guy with a deep love and understanding of MMA but also questions the wider society and questions deeper aspects of life

If you want pseudo-intellectual, check out Rogan’s podcasts with Eddie Bravo and his conspiracies...Eddie is a master of BJJ but he does come out with some *****cks.
Slflay
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I listen to a few, mainly based from a youtube channel called drawfee and a few science and art based ones.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (117)
24.43%
Pop (110)
22.96%
Jazz (22)