Turn on thread page Beta

Need some advice on periods watch

Hello,

Basically I have no like female person that I can chat to about any 'girl stuff' so hoping can get some advice here.

Spoiler:
    Show

Always had very irregular and kinda heavy and painful periods but nothing that caused such a mess and problem. Only was really worried why I would go up to 7 months without a period.

Did go doctors a while back who prescribed the mini pill which tried for 3 months but didnt help so stoped with them and doctor also said I'm borderline for the condition polystic overy syndrome (which didn't fully understand what that meant).

But this time around especially during the night I bleed alot more than usual which scared me and still bleeding alot more than usual and pain is alot more worse this time around. So was wondering if I should go to the doctor's about this or if I should just ignore it and continue like normal and just find ways to manage with it.

Thanks for any advice

ReputationRep:
    I suggest going back to the doctor because things clearly aren't improving and seem to be getting worse. Also, being borderline for POS (or anything to do with POS) isn't brilliant...

(Original post by Volibear)
    I suggest going back to the doctor because things clearly aren't improving and seem to be getting worse. Also, being borderline for POS (or anything to do with POS) isn't brilliant...
    You won't think I'm just wasting thier time then if I went back? And that's true though wasn't really sure how bad being borderline for POS due to doctor didn't really explain and was too embarrassed to ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You won't think I'm just wasting thier time then if I went back? And that's true though wasn't really sure how bad being borderline for POS due to doctor didn't really explain and was too embarrassed to ask
    No it's not wasting time. This is what GP's are here for and you clearly aren't in perfect health and you're worried. Also, if anything, you really need to get a follow up on this POS thing because it can lead to a lot of problems down the line, such as infertility, and shouldn't be ignored if you have it.

No it's not wasting time. This is what GP's are here for and you clearly aren't in perfect health and you're worried. Also, if anything, you really need to get a follow up on this POS thing because it can lead to a lot of problems down the line, such as infertility, and shouldn't be ignored if you have it.
    True point there. And that's true there doctors said I should get retested for it in a year's time (April 2019 ish) and I know, and is why I'm scared and worried (mother had POC apparently but she told me that and then said nothing more which wasn't helpful I know)

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Anonymous;78937966]Hello,

Basically I have no like female person that I can chat to about any 'girl stuff' so hoping can get some advice here.

Spoiler:
    Show

Always had very irregular and kinda heavy and painful periods but nothing that caused such a mess and problem. Only was really worried why I would go up to 7 months without a period.

Did go doctors a while back who prescribed the mini pill which tried for 3 months but didnt help so stoped with them and doctor also said I'm borderline for the condition polystic overy syndrome (which didn't fully understand what that meant).

But this time around especially during the night I bleed alot more than usual which scared me and still bleeding alot more than usual and pain is alot more worse this time around. So was wondering if I should go to the doctor's about this or if I should just ignore it and continue like normal and just find ways to manage with it.

Thanks for any advice

Definitely go to the doctors again. I would also suggest using a period calendar, I use Flo app, to track how your periods are and how you feel when you're on your period.

ReputationRep:
    What you describe are similar to what I used to have except mine also included vomiting for 24-36 hours where i could not eat or drink anything as well as fainting (sounds dramatic but they were actually like that). Recently been diagnosed with pcos. I would suggest going back to your gp and trying to get tranexemic acid or naproxen which is what i currently take and has worked wonders.

[QUOTE=Dejamaria123;78938246]
    Hello,

Spoiler:
    Show

Thanks for any advice

Definitely go to the doctors again. I would also suggest using a period calendar, I use Flo app, to track how your periods are and how you feel when you're on your period.
    Thanks for advice. And will have look at that app then

ReputationRep:
    True point there. And that's true there doctors said I should get retested for it in a year's time (April 2019 ish) and I know, and is why I'm scared and worried (mother had POC apparently but she told me that and then said nothing more which wasn't helpful I know)
    Just realised I've been spelling it wrong. It's PCOS

Don't make yourself sick from anxiety and stress (which coukd make your symptoms worse). Go back and see what happens. Also, remember to try to not be embarrassed to ask questions. It's your health and doctors only want to help. Plus they will be used to it and any goot doctor will put you at ease and act professionally. you're not wasting their time

(Original post by Justmac)
    What you describe are similar to what I used to have except mine also included vomiting for 24-36 hours where i could not eat or drink anything as well as fainting (sounds dramatic but they were actually like that). Recently been diagnosed with pcos. I would suggest going back to your gp and trying to get tranexemic acid or naproxen which is what i currently take and has worked wonders.
    Oh that sounds horrible to deal with.
    Thanks for advice, though last time I went doctors was actually given naproxen to take but doesn't always help to be honest.

Just realised I've been spelling it wrong. It's PCOS

Don't make yourself sick from anxiety and stress (which coukd make your symptoms worse). Go back and see what happens. Also, remember to try to not be embarrassed to ask questions. It's your health and doctors only want to help. Plus they will be used to it and any goot doctor will put you at ease and act professionally. you're not wasting their time
    No worries. I'm too tired to even process words properly so don't worry.

Always do though (and you have a true point there). Will do, thank you for the helpful advice

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.