Am I missing out if I don’t go partying?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
After college I decided to take a gap year because I knew that I’d done really badly in the A-level exams and this year I’m starting my course with the Open University.
Because of this, I’m going to miss out on the social aspect of going to a brick uni. I see a lot of my old friends on Snapchat going out partying, going on group holidays and whatnot and I just feel like I’m missing out on what people my age (I’m 20) usually experience. I think I’m quite mature for my age anyway but I still feel like I won’t be able to experience it when I’m older. I would love to go out but I hardly have fiends. My friends are either uni students (so they’ve moved on without me) or they’re from work so they’re much older and also we’re not really close.

As pathetic as it sounds, I just feel like such a loner and like I’m missing out.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
After college I decided to take a gap year because I knew that I’d done really badly in the A-level exams and this year I’m starting my course with the Open University.
Because of this, I’m going to miss out on the social aspect of going to a brick uni. I see a lot of my old friends on Snapchat going out partying, going on group holidays and whatnot and I just feel like I’m missing out on what people my age (I’m 20) usually experience. I think I’m quite mature for my age anyway but I still feel like I won’t be able to experience it when I’m older. I would love to go out but I hardly have fiends. My friends are either uni students (so they’ve moved on without me) or they’re from work so they’re much older and also we’re not really close.

As pathetic as it sounds, I just feel like such a loner and like I’m missing out.
I'm pretty much the same. I don't really drink so I don't mind not going on nights out (but I do mind a bit because I feel excluded), but I feel like I miss out on so many other social things anyway, like being in clubs/societies, but they are impossible to be apart of since I travel to uni, and the uni is like almost an hour away. I hardly have friends anymore so I'm pretty much a loner as well. My social life is literally non-existent. I suppose most of this situation is my fault because I could just move (although there's no guarantee I'd actually make friends since I am a bit of an introvert) but I have so many other personal factors to consider so I guess I'll not move and stay a loner. Sorry about this long, boring rant lol. But to answer your question, yes, I feel like you (and I) are missing out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.74%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.06%
I need help with my personal statement (75)
42.13%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.03%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.87%

Watched Threads