Purplemonkeys
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Drewski)
No she didn't. Galtieri did.
(Original post by Andrew97)
She didn’t initiate the war, Argentina did that when they invaded Sovergin British territory. It was galiteri like Drewski said.
Sorry my mistake
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Purplemonkeys)
Fair enough but you believe there have been no good prime ministers whatsoever?
That's obviously not their point though - every Prime minister will have negative marks against them from one corner or another, such is the nature of partisan politics.
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Please try to put your threads in the correct forum.
Sorry, what forum was it supposed to be in? I'm still pretty new to this because I used the account a little for maybe a few weeks when I first got it, forgot the password and only changed it a week ago.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Fair enough but you believe there have been no good prime ministers whatsoever?
Now you're getting it.

I mean, you're still not there, but you're a hell of a lot closer.
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
That's obviously not their point though - every Prime minister will have negative marks against them from one corner or another, such is the nature of partisan politics.
I'm fully aware of that opinion and I know that.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry, what forum was it supposed to be in? I'm still pretty new to this because I used the account a little for maybe a few weeks when I first got it, forgot the password and only changed it a week ago.
That's alright i understand you are new
Threads like this should be in politics and your other threads like favourite song/disney movie should be in music/film but i've moved them over now
and welcome to :tsr: btw
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm fully aware of that opinion and I know that.
When it can be proven it's less opinion and more fact...
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
(Original post by Duncan2012)
Churchill went to war and killed lots of innocent Germans...

Your 'argument' is patronising and pathetic. You should go read some decent books on history and stop relying on your friends and her parents to shape your views on the world.
a) I'm not patronising I'm just saying what do you guys think of the female prime ministers we had so far but wasn't clear with this so I apologise as this has led to misinterpretation.
b) I will thanks because I know I've got to be the one to shape my own views, I know that in fact I'm sick of hearing her political opinions constantly as it annoys everyone but it's most of what I had to base off so in future I won't start threads like this without a valid argument based purely on my own views and knowledge 😀
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
That's alright i understand you are new
Threads like this should be in politics and your other threads like favourite song/disney movie should be in music/film but i've moved them over now
and welcome to :tsr: btw
Thanks xoxo
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
When it can be proven it's less opinion and more fact...
ok well I'll talk about politics when I have more knowledge 😀
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
Now you're getting it.

I mean, you're still not there, but you're a hell of a lot closer.
'Now you're getting it'-I'm not three, that's just patronising. We do need someone who can control this country in a way that makes the most people happy, of course you can't please everyone- I'd be foolish not to be aware of that.
Duncan2012
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
a) I'm not patronising I'm just saying what do you guys think of the female prime ministers we had so far but wasn't clear with this so I apologise as this has led to misinterpretation.
b) I will thanks because I know I've got to be the one to shape my own views, I know that in fact I'm sick of hearing her political opinions constantly as it annoys everyone but it's most of what I had to base off so in future I won't start threads like this without a valid argument based purely on my own views and knowledge 😀
You could take the word 'female' out of the post and people could have had a sensible debate/discussion about the strengths and weaknesses of PMs - that would be fine. Trying to make it out like 'we need better female PMs' is meaningless - as the thread has shown.

You're completely free to love or loathe politicians, parties and policies - just make your mind up for your own reasons rather than blindly following other people.

I'm sure most people here would be happy to have a sensible debate about anything political. Thatcher was certainly 'marmite' but if you're going to criticise her actions just make sure it's justified.
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
(Original post by Duncan2012)
You could take the word 'female' out of the post and people could have had a sensible debate/discussion about the strengths and weaknesses of PMs - that would be fine. Trying to make it out like 'we need better female PMs' is meaningless - as the thread has shown.

You're completely free to love or loathe politicians, parties and policies - just make your mind up for your own reasons rather than blindly following other people.

I'm sure most people here would be happy to have a sensible debate about anything political. Thatcher was certainly 'marmite' but if you're going to criticise her actions just make sure it's justified.
ok thanks xoxo
CountBrandenburg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Name a good Prime Minister.
Gladstone,
Disraeli
Thatcher ( for the time yes)
Peel arguably ( though not good in the sense that his greatest achievements literally split the Conservatives)
Pitt the Younger
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
(Original post by CountBrandenburg)
Gladstone,
Disraeli
Thatcher ( for the time yes)
Peel arguably ( though not good in the sense that his greatest achievements literally split the Conservatives)
Pitt the Younger
Fair enough
Volkerbund1933
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I give you 30 minutes before someone comes along slating him.
No one yet 😁
futuremedstudy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
personally, I was so happy at first when Theresa May became PM because I thought that although she’s a Tory (don’t really rate them tbh), she could show everyone how women do actually know what they’re doing and we are capable to being in positions of authority. personally, she’s not good at all and I’m just waiting for her to go, I mean ik that she’s had I v hard w what mr cameron left behind w brexit, but she’s not good enough for me. I feel sorry for her in a sense cause she has to put up w a lot of sh** from the media and ppl like me😂 it’s not nice and I think she owes it to the country and to herself to give it a rest.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
applesforme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
in American politics though, I think people could more easily divide into good guys and bad guys in most people's opinions. a lot of us in the uk would probably say obama had good intentions and meant well (you'd shake his hand and be pleased to meet him), but george w bush or trump we would say is stupid, warmongering (particularly bush) and a very worrying sort of person to have in power.
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
(Original post by futuremedstudy)
personally, I was so happy at first when Theresa May became PM because I thought that although she’s a Tory (don’t really rate them tbh), she could show everyone how women do actually know what they’re doing and we are capable to being in positions of authority. personally, she’s not good at all and I’m just waiting for her to go, I mean ik that she’s had I v hard w what mr cameron left behind w brexit, but she’s not good enough for me. I feel sorry for her in a sense cause she has to put up w a lot of sh** from the media and ppl like me😂 it’s not nice and I think she owes it to the country and to herself to give it a rest.
same
lowen13
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What do you lot think of Margaret Thatcher and Theresa May? Do you think they have made positive change? Do you think having a female prime minister in the future would be a good thing? Why or why not?
I have negative opinions about both of them because of things like poll tax, budget cuts and the Falklands war during Thatcher's time (my friends and her parents HATE her with a burning passion) and Theresa May being like a robot and not doing much good for this country (my friend has a strong opinion about her too as she's very political) in general but the idea of a female prime minister that could positively impact Britain is one I'm on board with, though a good prime minister doesn't depend on their gender identity but their qualities, however it's time we had a good female prime minister.
What do you guys think?
There is no reason to separate male and female PMs based on their gender. This thread is really confusing me. Theresa May and David Cameron shouldn't be disliked or evaluated because of their gender but their results. Their gender really does not come into it at all.

And to ask whether we should have any female PMs in the future is crazy. I 100% agree that it is time we had a GOOD female prime minister but given the fact there is over double the amount of male MPs to female ones we have to give it time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.55%
Excited (156)
9.15%
Worried (306)
17.95%
Terrified (379)
22.23%
Meh (166)
9.74%
Confused (37)
2.17%