In need of some help with your English Literature A-Level? I can help!

Watch
QueenBrooke
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
My name is Brooke. I have just currently sat A Levels in English Literature, History and Religious Studies. Currently on my summer break, I am interested in helping others with these subjects. I am hopefully going to study Law at the University of Oxford, although I wish I had chosen to do English Literature instead.
Although I am waiting on my results to come through, my grades in English Literature were always A/A*. I studied for the AQA exam, my set texts including Othello, Wuthering Heights, The Handmaid's Tale and A Streetcar Named Desire. However, if I have read the book(s) that you have questions about, I am more than happy to help you with those too. NB: I have also studied Frankenstein and 1984 for my independent coursework so can also help with those!
I am offering to help you via e-mail or perhaps Skype, if that is easier for you. I am happy to read over essays, provide my own essays and also go through some essay-writing techniques I used during my time studying.
If anybody is interested, please send me a private message on here and we shall arrange to e-mail etc.
Thank you,
Happy Reading,
Brooke
Anesha36617
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there, I am surely picking English literature because I absolutely ADORE TO the subject i am in year 12 next year so I was wondering if I could revise some techniques over the holidays.
If you are not busy please.could you send me a few things that I can look over please.
I am also choosing religious studies how is the subject? Is it hard? I'm year 11 i have been getting grade 8/9 equivalent to A* A** but everyone says that A levels.are so hard!

Thank you!
Anesha36617
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anesha36617)
Hi there, I am surely picking English literature because I absolutely ADORE TO the subject i am in year 12 next year so I was wondering if I could revise some techniques over the holidays.
If you are not busy please.could you send me a few things that I can look over please.
I am also choosing religious studies how is the subject? Is it hard? I'm year 11 i have been getting grade 8/9 equivalent to A* A** but everyone says that A levels.are so hard!

Thank you!
One of my dreams is to have a career in law aswell! i would love to go to Oxford however i doubt that is going to happen judging how my gcses went.

I'm not choosing history because i did not so it at GCSE and we are not allowed to choose it if we d if not do the gcse. Is it still possible for me to do something law based?
Api00
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by QueenBrooke)
Hi,
My name is Brooke. I have just currently sat A Levels in English Literature, History and Religious Studies. Currently on my summer break, I am interested in helping others with these subjects. I am hopefully going to study Law at the University of Oxford, although I wish I had chosen to do English Literature instead.
Although I am waiting on my results to come through, my grades in English Literature were always A/A*. I studied for the AQA exam, my set texts including Othello, Wuthering Heights, The Handmaid's Tale and A Streetcar Named Desire. However, if I have read the book(s) that you have questions about, I am more than happy to help you with those too. NB: I have also studied Frankenstein and 1984 for my independent coursework so can also help with those!
I am offering to help you via e-mail or perhaps Skype, if that is easier for you. I am happy to read over essays, provide my own essays and also go through some essay-writing techniques I used during my time studying.
If anybody is interested, please send me a private message on here and we shall arrange to e-mail etc.
Thank you,
Happy Reading,
Brooke
HEY, the only one I do is Othello. I basically need to re-do all my notes for Year 12 English as I only got a C in the end of year 12 mocks. How did you revise for Othello. Did u have notes? I need HELP.
gracenyl728
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
One thing I struggle with at the moment is writing essays. I would really appreciate any structure advice you have, what to include in the paragraphs and maybe timing too! I am also on AQA and am doing Othello and The Handmaid's tale. Any advice would help massively, as I am applying to UCL and I am working to achieving an A/A*
Api00
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gracenyl728)
One thing I struggle with at the moment is writing essays. I would really appreciate any structure advice you have, what to include in the paragraphs and maybe timing too! I am also on AQA and am doing Othello and The Handmaid's tale. Any advice would help massively, as I am applying to UCL and I am working to achieving an A/A*
I struggle with structure too as my teacher doesn't teach us the structure and just tells us to read A* essays to help structure our essays, which intimidate us more than helping us.
I'm doing Gatsby and Othello.
HELP...
ABM2001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
Thank you,
Happy Reading,
Brooke
Firstly, that’s incredibly kind of you to help us all out!

Secondly, unfortunately the only text that I can currently relate to is The Handmaid’s Tale. So I was wondering, what where you given in the exam to do in re: to THT, and what effective study methods did you use prior to the exam?

Much appreciated.
Api00
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
Thank you,
Happy Reading,
Brooke
OMGGG please help me with Othello!im fully dying rn. Please message me when ur free!!
Api00
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
Thank you,
Happy Reading,
Brooke

RAHHHH, how you gonna tell us we can private message you when you've blocked your private messages from people.
WOW, thanks a lot. Was relying on you.
CH4N3L
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
[QUOTE=QueenBrooke;78940618]Hi,
Thank you,
Happy Reading,
Brooke [/QUOTE
Hello, I have just started my AS year and am studying Othello. I really need help with the structure of the essay, I understand the AOs but I don't know how to incorporate it to make my essay flow.
Tolgarda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by someoneobscure)
Hi, i’m currently doing my GCSEs, hoping to move onto english lit in college. I’d like some help with structures and making my work more advanced. I have gotten 9’s previously I just want to definitely secure that! I’m free to talk over skype too
I'm pretty sure the OP wasn't offering GCSE help. Why do you ask for it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (160)
15.55%
Uncertainty around my education (167)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (98)
9.52%
Isolating with family (71)
6.9%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (38)
3.69%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.75%
Loneliness (102)
9.91%
Financial worries (46)
4.47%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (94)
9.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (73)
7.09%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.75%

Watched Threads