If man-made global warming existed, you would not be able to get a mortgage Watch

doodles321
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
The banks must know that man-made global warming is a scam, or they wouldn't lend out cash for properties that were less than 100 feet above sea level.
the beer
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by doodles321)
100 feet above sea level.
"If the rate of ocean rise continues to change at this pace, sea level will rise 26 inches (65 centimeters) by 2100"
Meowstic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Name:  Screenshot_1.png
Views: 52
Size:  423.1 KB
Just my opinion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
"If the rate of ocean rise continues to change at this pace, sea level will rise 26 inches (65 centimeters) by 2100"

Other predictions have been considerably higher.

O P, you make a good point, one that I notice nobody has come to contradict
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Damn, you've sure shown us OP!
Dheorl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why would they not give out mortgages?

What would be much more likely is you'd find it near impossible to get insurance, which guess what, is what happens...
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by doodles321)
The banks must know that man-made global warming is a scam, or they wouldn't lend out cash for properties that were less than 100 feet above sea level.

The 2008 crisis has shown us that banks are capable of the riskiest and nonsense actions, only as long as it profits them short term.

Another thing to consider is, the economy and sources of income for banks are more complex than that. They can risk a crisis in 20, 30 or even every 10 years, and invest in something that can give them some problems when the crisis comes, only as long as it's likely these investments will be paying off for a next few years and give money for other investments.
For executives, this means the bank can get some money meanwhile for other investments to survive in a more distant future.
For lower ranks, those sold credits mean bonuses and promotions (before they get kicked off, and replaced by younger, more efficient and even more greedy guys)

Also corporations can do stupid moves for decades. The US motor industry is a fine example. The European or Japanese industries weren't producing as modern vehicles as technically possible, but the US just kept with extremely obsolete designs. No surprise they got squashed by Japan and Korean makers, GM and Ford had to beg for money, and Fiat took Chrysler for free.
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is certainly one of the stranger arguments against global warming I've seen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (428)
43.76%
No (104)
10.63%
I'm not old enough (446)
45.6%

Watched Threads