If I resit 1st year, does credit gained already get used or not? Watch

Xenodium
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I am slightly confused with the guidelines specified on the reassessment form. I have assumed that I cannot resit modules that I have earned credit for already, therefore leaving me with the only option of resitting modules I have failed/achieved less than 40%. So my question is whether this is true or not. If it is true- that I will be unable to resit modules with earned credit, then how do I achieve the 100 credits requirement just by resitting failed modules? (I will be resitting in year 2018-19)

I am just quite unsure as on the form, nothing is said about carrying credit already achieved and just resitting the modules you failed, which I thought was the main point of it all anyway, so I do not know if I should select only failed modules, or all, because selecting only failed modules will not be sufficient for the 100 credit requirement and there would be no point in resitting.

Maybe I am missing something really obvious here, would anyone care to give some advice?
amihalo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Different universities have different rules for reassessment and progression so without knowing what university and course you are talking about it is impossible to answer.

Some unis have a repeat first year (so you basically start again), some do resits in August so that you can earn the credits to progress and some you will keep the credits earned this year and then have to pass the resits for the rest of the modules while on a leave of absence to get the rest of the credits in order to continue etc etc
StriderHort
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
As said, it will vary, I just deferred the last term of my second year, so this Oct I go back but the only stuff on my timetable is the units I didn't do, no talk of me redoing old ones. This effectively means i'm a part time student rather than a full time one for funding purposes and there didn't seem another way to do it
vsl_2603
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I resat my first year and nothing counted, I had to complete all assignments etc again.

Also be careful if you have to do this and similar questions are set that you don't plagiarise yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (53)
8.72%
I used to but I don't now (16)
2.63%
No, but I want to start (222)
36.51%
No, I am unable to (141)
23.19%
No, I chose not to (176)
28.95%