Safest method of contraception

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Safest method of contraception, rivegdon an oral pill apparently causes strokes please recommend a safe method of contraception
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Safest method of contraception, rivegdon an oral pill apparently causes strokes please recommend a safe method of contraception
The pill is very safe. If it wasn't safe it would not be produced or given out by doctors. I've been on the pill for 3 years and never had any issues. Other people are on it for 30+ years and are fine.

Every method of contraception will have side effects. All methods available are safe otherwise they wouldn't be available.

Go to your GP and talk about what options are suited to you. Not everyone suits the pill, so other options like the injection may be better for you.

Don't be scared of the pill because of the list of possible and extremely rare side effects. It's the same with all other forms of contraception.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Abstention or condoms and pill.

Talk to your GP

https://www.brook.org.uk/your-life/c.../contraception
arandomdude1990
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Doritos packet. :P
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What are you defining as 'safe'?

When taken correctly, the pill is about 99.9% effective, while condoms are about 97% effective in preventing pregnancy.

As above, the pill may come with side effects and that depends on the pill you're taking.
Elektra06
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Safe as in for health or effectiveness?

Safe as in health I'd imagine would be the copper coil as its non hormonal

Safe as in effectiveness I'd imagine would be the implant and Coil (although technically speaking absence would be) pair up with a condom and your odds are really low
JTfoxlove
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
pill/coil/implant + Condom.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (147)
14.54%
I'm not sure (43)
4.25%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
29.97%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.66%

Watched Threads