The Student Room Group

Age Gap

Would a six year age gap be so bad?? Me (20F) and this guy (26) have kinda been flirting at work, haven't hung about but would it be weird to kinda make a move on that, get to know each other more. I've kinda been a bit distant from him lately, he did ask if I wanted to meet for some dinner but I made up an excuse as friends kept telling me it was weird because he's six years older but I did want to go. His looks and personality don't scream i'm 26, the first time I met him I thought he was about 22. My friends are just making me really paranoid, but I don't really see a problem if me and him aren't taking an issue with it. The guy I used to date is now dating someone around 15-20 years older than him, that I see the problem but not 6. Opinions?
(edited 5 years ago)
the physical age gap is fine. get to know him better over dinner (etc.) and gauge whether the age gap is problematic by seeing if he has way different worries, hobbies and interests to you which would make being with him as opposed to someone your own age difficult.
I don't see any issue. It's not like you're 14 and he's 20. You're both very much adults.

My boyfriend is 11 years older :indiff: it works because we respect each other, have lots in common and are at similar stages in life. So I never really think much about the age gap.
The 'age gap' is so insignificant it might as well not exist.

Do what you want.
Original post by Milliecookie
Would a six year age gap be so bad?? Me (20F) and this guy (26) have kinda been flirting at work, haven't hung about but would it be weird to kinda make a move on that, get to know each other more. I've kinda been a bit distant from him lately, he did ask if I wanted to meet for some dinner but I made up an excuse as friends kept telling me it was weird because he's six years older but I did want to go. His looks and personality don't scream i'm 26, the first time I met him I thought he was about 22. My friends are just making me really paranoid, but I don't really see a problem if me and him aren't taking an issue with it. The guy I used to date is now dating someone around 15-20 years older than him, that I see the problem but not 6. Opinions?

Absolutely fine. My boyfriend is 7 years older than me and honestly sometimes he acts younger than me. It makes no difference to our relationship whatsoever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending