The Student Room Group

Philosophy/Psychology/Physics??

Recently I've been reflecting on my A Level choices and I've chosen: Math, Further Math, Economics and Physics. I'm a bit reluctant to take Physics since it looks really really difficult. Ideally I would've taken History, but my school doesn't offer it, if you're taking FM as well (subject block issue). I'm aiming to major in Economics at uni and I've sort of decided on it.

The only reason I chose Physics is because some of the mechanics modules in Physics are also done in FM, so I might get a leg up. But I was thinking about swapping Physics for an "easier" or less demanding A level. Either Philosophy or Psychology. COuld you guys please give me your experience with these subjects and any tips on my decision?

Cheers!
Philosophy is NOT easy nor less demanding. Unless you're good in essay subjects I wouldn't take it. Trust me.

Psychology, likewise, is still demanding with having to learn so many core studies but it's definitely easier than philosophy and maths and physics so if you have to pick one I would say this. It's easier to get marks and very interesting!
Reply 2
Original post by bluebells1
Philosophy is NOT easy nor less demanding. Unless you're good in essay subjects I wouldn't take it. Trust me.

Psychology, likewise, is still demanding with having to learn so many core studies but it's definitely easier than philosophy and maths and physics so if you have to pick one I would say this. It's easier to get marks and very interesting!

Thank you so much! I heard about all the case studies you need to memorize. I mean for GCSE French, I memorized 4200 words of verbal answers (28 pages) in two weeks, so would you say Psychology would be alright for me? I'm just looking for something that will be easy to get relatively high results in, and I also do find psychology to be more interesting than physics.

Quick Reply

Latest