The Student Room Group

What would happen if I lied about being 16 for a job?

I'm 16 in December this year but I want a summer job to earn a bit of money on the side. I went into Nike to ask if they were hiring and because I'm a little taller for my age I guess they assumed how old I am. I was told to come back with a CV and I'm wondering that if I do get the job what would happen if I get caught?
If they found out, they just wouldn't hire you. Or if they did hire you, they might fire you
They might ask for your NI, so if you can't present that then they won't hire you.
Original post by BomAlabi
I'm 16 in December this year but I want a summer job to earn a bit of money on the side. I went into Nike to ask if they were hiring and because I'm a little taller for my age I guess they assumed how old I am. I was told to come back with a CV and I'm wondering that if I do get the job what would happen if I get caught?

They'll ask for your National Insurance number, and if you don't have one, they won't employ you. A small corner shop or something like that might pay you cash in hand, but a national chain won't.
companies need to see your passport or birth certificate as proof you have the right to live and work, so there isn't much chance. Although places like tesco do hire 15 year olds, so why not look into it?
You won't be hired as you need to prove your ID to get a job as an adult. There are jobs around for people under 16, though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending